Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Newcomer,...with a few questions

Steveo1955

Corvette
1978-Silver Anniversary Model
Newcomer and somewhat baffled,....does anyone have any idea on how I can adjust the seat-back angle on my 78 vette,....also,,
has anyone any experience with the exhaust manifold shields that are sold by EKLERS?
Glad I found this site,....cuz I gotta tell ya,....am sure I'll have a million more questions in the near future!
Any any all help, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks in advanced
Steve

Steve, I can't help with your questions concerning your '78 but you've definitely come to the right place for learning more about your Corvette. We've got a great community here and our members are friendly and helpful.

When you have time, post a new thread in the New Member Introductory Forum (Click) and tell us about yourself and your Corvette. That will give more of our members a chance to stop by and say hello.

Here's a link to the 1978 model index page in the CAC Tech Center > Model Center (Click me) to give you a bit of reading material until a member more familiar with your model responds.

Welcome to the CAC!
:wJane Ann

Steve, Welcome to CAC. I believe there is no adjustment except forwards and backwards with the seat. If there is then I'm unaware of it.

...does anyone have any idea on how I can adjust the seat-back angle on my 78 vette...

Your seat backs can be shimmed. Check the aftermarket suppliers or eBay for a shim kit. Also check the glove box and jack compartment. All Corvettes with regular bucket seats were shipped with a shim kit. Look for a small cloth bag about the size of a tobacco pouch. Probably long gone, but worth the shot.

...has anyone any experience with the exhaust manifold shields that are sold by EKLERS?...

Not sure what you're calling a manifold shield. Post a pic from Eckler's on-line catalogue.

:)

If there is then I'm unaware of it.

# 1. Your unaware of it!!!:D

# 2. Steve, Welcome to :CAC !!

# 3. Fold the seat forward, in the back where the Back folds over the bottom there are 4 adjusting stops!! 2 on seat back,2 on the seat bottom!! There all supposed to have rubber bumpers on the head!!
Screw them in seat back tips back,screw them out seat back tips forward!!
(Phillips screwdriver for stop,1/2 inch wrench for locking nut!!)

:upthumbs :Steer:lou:bu:bu:bu

What could be the best thing to do is purchase three items:

1. A 1978 AIM (Assembly Instruction Manual)
2. A 1978 Chassis Service Manual
3. A 1978 Owners Manual

These three items are very important to providing you with correct answers. Asking questions at some forums, (cf) will only give you great amounts of really bad info, from guys hell bent on ruining their cars.

Lastly, get a Doctor Rebuild catalog. The drawings and info their are very valuable, even if you never order anything.

Read and trust the Manuals.

# 1. Your unaware of it!!!:D

# 2. Steve, Welcome to :CAC !!

# 3. Fold the seat forward, in the back where the Back folds over the bottom there are 4 adjusting stops!! 2 on seat back,2 on the seat bottom!! There all supposed to have rubber bumpers on the head!!

:upthumbs :Steer:lou:bu:bu:bu
I have no stops to adjust on my seats. :eek:hnoes

Does the 1980 have this??? :confused

attachment.php

Has anyone had any experience with these exhaust manifold covers,...and if so,...How do they attach, and any comments would be greatly appreciated,...Thanks

I have no stops to adjust on my seats. :eek:hnoes

Ok,78 seat was like this!! (Except for Silver Anniversary Limited Edition and Pace car!!)

attachment.php

Silver Anniversary and Pace Car had this style, as well as 79-82
attachment.php

Does the 1980 have this??? :confused
No yours are the newer style,but I think they are adjustable!! I'd just have to go to the shed and look at my 81 to remember how to do it,I've slept since the last one I've done!! :D:D:D

Yeah, Junkie,...Mines a silver anniversary model,......Living in the Northeast, she's put away for the winter,....I'll check on her this Sunday, as I do every other Sunday,...I just know that I feel almost like I'm laying down and trying to drive the car,....there's gotta be a better way
Steve

The newer seat design...

attachment.php

Does not have any adjustments that I am aware of ;shrug The Electric Seat is a whole lot more forgiving when it comes to adjustments ;)

Here is an older THREAD where I explained what I've done to get the back of the seat up more and the Upper Half of the seat more upright ;)

Bud

Can't say I've ever seen those before. What do they do?
They give you a real Hot Slick surface to Fry your arm on if you ever have to reach down and check if a plug wire has came off!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie There chrome exhaust manifold covers!!He won't like them after a while of Hot and Cold they'll start Buzz'n and Ting a Ling'n and sound like the guts is coming out of the Catalytic Converter!!:upthumbs

This is from an old post.

Here's the quick fix that I used on the 82. Take 2 legnths of radiator hose, slit them leghth ways and fit them over the ends of the seats where they meet. Fit them where it makes like a clam shell. Just look at your seats and you'll see where I mean. It moves the seat to an up-right position and the process takes all of 10 min.

Good Luck

Dave
e-mail me if you don't understand.

Would love to post a picture but, can't figure it out. help!!!!!

This should make it easier to understand the deal with the heater hose.

Thanks for the posting help guys!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom