Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

[News] Police seek car in abduction attempt

Good point about the amber alert.

and I don't know what abc is trying to say either with the guns shooting :eyerole

Lets Hope this guy is caught. I have a nice cure for this guy. Catch him and than let him loose like for example: on bat day at Yankee Stadium. He will see the light!:bash

The car in the picture is Nassau Blue.

In the 2000-2003 span, the Corvette was offered in only 3 shades of blue. From our own production number pages on the CAC:

2000 23U Nassau Blue Metallic
28U Navy Blue Metallic

2001 28U Navy Blue Metallic

2002 21U Electron BlueMetallic

2003 21U Electron Blue Metallic

Just some minor nitpicking, but I don't believe Nassau Blue was metallic, and it was available all the way back to '97. So, if that is the color, what makes the authorities believe that it is a 2000-2003?

Just some minor nitpicking, but I don't believe Nassau Blue was metallic, and it was available all the way back to '97. So, if that is the color, what makes the authorities believe that it is a 2000-2003?

Maybe it was the wheels, "chrome spoke wheels", although that is speculation and they can be changed. Yes, the Nassau Blue was available earlier, as was Navy Blue, but I stuck with the years in the article.

From the CAC knowledgebase:
<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>23U</TD><TD>Primary Color, Exterior, Nassau Blue Metallic
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=3><TBODY><TR class=lightRow><TD align=middle>23U</TD><TD>Nassau Blue Metallic</TD><TD>WA-413G</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

And all of this is pretty flimsy information, as it is based on the quick observations of non-Corvette expert witnesses.

Maybe an implant type chip. I'm sure there would be some crying about civil liberties be violated from the wack jobs.

Well I do not consider myself a "wack," but I am definitely against the idea of chip implants.

2004 Commemorative Edition

The 2004 Commemorative Edition Z06 featured a unique Le Mans Blue paint with a silver and red center graphic that were only to appear on the race car at Le Mans 2003 and on a limited number of 2004 Commemorative Edition Z06s.

Commemorative Edition 2004 Corvette Coupes and Convertibles also shared an exclusive package of styling amenities, including Le Mans Blue paint with a Commemorative Edition exterior badge noting Corvette's Le Mans titles.

Can't put out an amber alert for the suspect and car if he didn't kidnap anybody, only an attempt.

I know that an Amber Alert is for the kidnapped! My inference is TOO BAD one couldn't've gone out for the ped in the Vette.

For various reasons, I have deleted a few posts from this thread because what was posted, was COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.

Due to the nature of this thread, I would appreciate it if the posts made STAY ON TOPIC.

-Rob

When I read the description, the first thing that ran through my mind was a Pace Car, the only thing that didn't add up there was "chrome wheels" but I guess someone might have changed the yellow ones for chrome.

For various reasons, I have deleted a few posts from this thread because what was posted, was COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT.

Due to the nature of this thread, I would appreciate it if the posts made STAY ON TOPIC.

-Rob

OK, my bad. Thanks for sensoring a little bit of my humor in the midst of a nasty thread.
I wonder how long it took for the cops to find out the details on the blue Vette?
With all of the cameras out there now, I'll bet they can get a real good idea of who it is. (I'm assuming they have red light cameras there) I think they keep rolling rather than just snap a picture if you run the light.

-Stan
:BDH

Well I do not consider myself a "wack," but I am definitely against the idea of chip implants.
I'm speaking about leaving the right to a parent to provide their own kids with an implant in case of an abduction and the civil liberties union stepping in and telling me that my kid can't have one. I know what you are saying and that's fine for tagging people that don't want to be tagged. An implant that can be removed is so disered at a later date is the best way to go. This would save so many young lives taken innocently by predators.

Nobody noted the license tag numbers or what state issued the tags. It would be more helpful.

Gburg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom