Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Noisy Coupe Top

paule253

Corvette
2013 Crystal Red Grand Sport Coupe
Just pickup my new (to me) 2013 coupe and the top is on the drivers side is very noisy. Making a cracking noise. I removed the top and reinstalled a few times, but still have the problem. Anyone have a fix for this problem? Thanks

I know that there were some issues, call backs on some tops de-laminating from the framework...I just don't remember exactly the circumstances around that. A little searching may find info on that.

Paul Koerner World class Corvette Tech.

<iframe width="406" height="295" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V49RPk3VRnk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

it's a start, but not a cure all. There are many other things that may have to be done to fully quiet a noisy top.
1) E-Clip inserted on the early style of front latch rollers
2) Rear latch J-hook adjustment
3) Rear locator adjustments
4) Assure all male posts are tightened.
5) Put O-rings on posts
6) Put heat shrink wrap over male posts
7) Lubricate the front latches striker area well or install soft velcro where the roller makes contact
8) lubricate the weatherstripping rubber and other sections as per the video

Last edited:
After performing all the recommended adjustments (torque) to the front mounting posts and adjusting the rear latch, plus cleaning and lubing everything, I finally installed a 7/16" od x 1/4" id x 3/32" rubber 0-ring over each post. Solved the problem.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom