Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

None of you guys & gals with C5s have anything to say?

Michael, I love the "GrumpyVette" logo on your Corvette! :upthumbs

Have you guys seen the cover of the new Vette Mag? Red, white and blue "Stars and Stripes" C5. :cool

_ken :w

I got the call yesterday , I should be receiving my Corvette in 2 weeks , I have an invoice # and Vin # , they faxed it to me .
Joe

GRUMPY....

THAT GRUMPY ON YOUR CORVETTE IS IT A PAINT ON OR DECAL AND IF IT IS A DECAL WHERE CAN I GET A LIST OF OTHER ONES?

Nah, did the logo thnig in Paint Shop Pro, then slapped it on the picture of the backside. I do have some shirts I did with the Grumpy.

Scanned Grumpy off of a hat that my dog chewed up, cleaned it up and colored it and put on top of the C5 logo, instant Grumpy C5. Some days it's really boring here at work:D :D

Plan on trying to make a decal for the fuel covers in the engine bay. Need a different kind of printer....

say again .. you lost me it it a transfer off the computer and how does it stick?

There is nothing on my car. It's only on the picture of the car. Sorry if I didn't explain this clearly. I wouldn't mind if I could get it painted on the car 'tho.

I'm over 35,000 on the 98 right now and the problems so far have been a dead battery, a dead ECM and the headlight plugs popped out. Gas mileage dropped off badly when I put on the Corsas. :eyerole I had thought about getting another new one but at this time the only thing I would gain is no keyhole in the right side door handle. I've driven this one harder than I've ever driven any of my cars and it just keeps on running great. The only noise I get is the windows pop out at over 120 (that's when the headlight plugs popped out also). I'm at less than half the tread wear from what it looks like so far, but then I've never done more than 3 burn outs in one day. I also have my cars aligned by a frame shop when I get them and it's all 4 wheels and the torsions bars. When it’s done the weight on the ground, by each wheel, on each axel, match.

As far as fit and finish goes, there was a small scrape on one of the tail light lenses, still there. The rest of the car was near perfect, one of the best paint jobs I've ever seen. By the way, I work in the painting industry, not the Corvette but I've been in most of the others and it beats most of them. BMW was a little better but then it should be allot better for those prices.

This is my eighth Corvette and by far the best ever, the only car I ever had more fun in involved a back seat. ;)

Racer78,

This wouldn't post on your open letter so I'm sticking it in here.

I can only speak for myself as to why there is little discussion going on with the C5 owners, at least this one. First off it took awhile to get over the shear power and the way it put it on the road, even at top end, and I've been close. I liked my C4, '92, but there was just no comparison, plus comfort.

After a couple of years I did go to the Corsa Indy, K&N filter, knocked out the screen in the intake, lowered it about an inch, and went to 17” wheels in the back. What it has done for the power is only a guess, I’ve never had it dyno’d. I have the A4 with the 3.15 gears and was looking for a better launch and lower center of gravity for autocross. I only run the 17’s for 2 days, nothing would hook up to my liking, plus I didn’t have the time to get used to it, burnouts were awesome, handling was off a bit. Off come the 17’s, which were EMTs, the tire swapping thing can get expensive out here, closest shop that can change them is 60 miles away. I do plan on changing the flow in the “X” pipe this winter, more for the sound than power, the Corsa sound too much like a boat.

Right now it is just one driving pleasure to get in it and cruse, will try the autocross again next year.

Racer78,

The only reason mine is not red is because they didn't offer red seats that year, I like a solid color, in and out on my cars.

We own a '99 Red Convertible. We've owned quite a few Vettes over the years (from a '69 L88, '73 454, '68 custom w/LT1 4spd, '80, '82, '61, etc), but my wife fell in love with the C5 the first time she saw one. Then I borrowed one and brought it home and she had to have one (I didn't mind a bit). We finally got a new '99 and it is a car we both love. It fits her and is easy and comfortable for her to drive. I love the sound system and the ride/handling is outstanding. Only problem is she won't let me add more power (technically it's her car) so I just have to keep adding more power to my 468cu.in. 550hp+ '69 Camaro. Sometimes you just can't have everything in one package. Although if we win the lottery, I'm buying a black Mallet Corvette.

Keep up the WAVE, I've been doing it for a looong time.

I have a 2002 Z06, this is my third Corvette. Previous Vettes,91 Coupe, 93 Z07, now the Z06, and all three cars had this annoying whine coming from the passenger side. I tried to isolate it, and finally discovered what it was.
The wife, "slow down / this seat is too small / it rides like a truck / you don't have to beat him / don't get a ticket / why did we have to park this far away from the entrance / why get a car with only two seats / I thought you wanted to take the Vette, it isn't raining that hard / why have a nice stereo system if the exhaust is so noisy"...

Anybody else with this problem?

Stan

hilarious, Stan! :L :L :L I don't have that problem, because I'm the wife with the vette. :) Though I can tell you that husbands can produce a few whines too, while in a wife's vette. :L

:w
Patti

Hi Patti,
I would whine too if I had to sit in the passenger seat. Maybe I should let her drive it one day.
No, then she would tell me I had to drive the Town and Country... I think I'll put up with the whine. LOL
Stan

No whining

No matter who is driving and who is passenger in our '99 convertible, I've never heard heard the passenger whine. We both love this car and both of us have a lead foot.

I have noticed rough shut down

The car is sleeping for the winter, however I noticed is was quite rough on shut down.I only have 552 miles on the car so we will see what happens as it gets more miles on it. However I am pressed to fine something wrong with the car.It is a corvette and as corvette go it's the best chevrolet has made to date. I have never owned a automatic vette so I don't know what one would sound like, my 6 speed sound like music to my ears. I will keep you posted If I can find a problem.

Just put the vette back in the garage, the rain/sleet/snow wasn't that bad, it stopped just long enough to get in a nice drive. It's about 32 degrees and I wanted to see how the cold EMT tires felt, TWITCHY, is a good word. All the tire sensors worked fine and were within a pound. If we ever get enough snow this year that I can't drive this thing when I want to I'm not sure what I'll do. Come on spring!!!!!!!!!

:cool

I'll be odering a 2003 torch red coupe in the late spring. Not really sure about the A4 or 6 speed yet. I drive an SHO daily which is a stick and the traffic kills me. Friends tell me I'll be making a mistake by not buying the 6 speed. I fell in love with the vette many many years ago but for so many reasons never bought one. Now is the time. Just thinking about it puts a smile on my face. Will post a message when the order is placed.

This is working out very nicely this year, just put the C5 back in the garage after a nice sunny drive. Cleaned up the 72 after a very nice drive Friday. It's getting to where the left knee is able to handle the clutch, next year there will be more than 500 mile put on that new set of tires.

Life is great!!:t

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom