Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

not a vette, but need help

Corvette
none right now :(
There seems to be a lot of C4 guys here that know their stuff... I have tried the Honda forums but all the people seem to know is how to bolt on big wings and body parts!

1990 honda civic (let's not poke too much fun at me for driving this thing to work every day my CE appreciates the garage:))... starts and runs great, 167k... the problem is on startup... If the car is cold it starts, but if you shut it down (or stall it) it won't restart... it smells of gas, so I am sure it is flooded... wait 15 minutes and it will start... the dealer can't even figure out that there is a problem (you know how everything always works fine when the dealer gets a hold of your car)

The basic question is where should I start looking on a basic fuel injected car for a cold engine/rich fuel situation?

Thanks, and try not to tear me down too much for posting a Honda question:(

Yeech Rice burner!

Best guess here,

There should be a thermo switch that tells the FI if the cars cold or hot.. that might be at fault.

You need a good shop manual with schematics.....

But like in the Vette... the Thermo switch control's the 9th injector

( which I think the Honda MIGHT not have )

But.. the current passing thru the switch causes it to open.. allowing a short burst of fuel into the intake via the injector.

If the switch is BAD it will hold the injector ON for to long so instead of a qiuck blip of fuel... you get a good soaking!

Vig!

thanks for the info... I will look into that one... I have only looked at the throttle body area so far... I didn't think about a faulty switch... Vette guys are the smart ones!... I still find it amazing I can work deep into 350's without problems, but this tiny rice burning engine seems so hard to trouble shoot!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom