Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Not C4, but funny

J

jiangtao

My father's neighbor's wife just had to have a C6. She got it, drove it about 2k miles and then parked it in the basement. The battery is so dead that the power locks won't unlock the door. They can't get in it! No need to call a locksmith because there are no door locks! LOL Any ideas?

Nothing a good center punch or hammer wouldn't fix.....

What would the Terminator do in a situation like this...:L:L:L

Google should show you several places with advice,

else read the owners manual. :D

You can always jack up the car and hook jumper cables to the starter and ground ... :W

If she's that bored, I'LL TAKE IT :crazy Have her give me a call, I'll get it out of her hair, no prob ;)

KOPBET said:
Google should show you several places with advice,

else read the owners manual. :D

You can always jack up the car and hook jumper cables to the starter and ground ... :W

SHUSSSH :L

I'm going to move this thread to the C6 Technical and Performance Forum. Perhaps some C6 owners might have some insights.

:w
-Patrick

How to get in when battery is dead

Along with the fobs, you get a key for your C6. You can open the rear hatch by inserting the key above the rear license plate. Then, you pull the door release tab on the driver side of the trunk. Presto, the door is open. The hood release is on the left side of the driver's footwell, and it is mechanical.

Hope this helps!

-Rahul

That will teach her for parking the car and not driving it! :L

Where is the owners manual?

rgp said:
Along with the fobs, you get a key for your C6. You can open the rear hatch by inserting the key above the rear license plate. Then, you pull the door release tab on the driver side of the trunk. Presto, the door is open. The hood release is on the left side of the driver's footwell, and it is mechanical.

Hope this helps!

-Rahul

Memorize the owner's manual or leave it out of the car :bash

Somehow, they figured out the hatch way in. The 2 local Chevy dealers didn't even know about it. Go figure.

You would think when they got the car they would have wondered what the key that came with it was for...im sorry thats not funny, its pathetic that they didnt figure out how to get in or at least know about the mechanical back ups. Its even more pathetic that the chevy dealerships didnt know and didnt tell her about it when she bought the car. i hate uneducated salesmen. Its really frustrating when i go in and they tell me about how to turn the radio on but know NOTHING about the actual car.

yogivette said:
i hate uneducated salesmen. Its really frustrating when i go in and they tell me about how to turn the radio on but know NOTHING about the actual car.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of those around. I don't think it takes too much time or effort to do a little reading about the product you're trying to sell. Me personally, if I went to a car dealership and I was getting that impression, I'd go find a sales person that actually knew what they were talking about!

with that problem i would just leave the windows down and climb in and out of them instead of using the door, it would give you that racecar feel to it:D

When I was looking at C6s I sat in one and the battery died. I could not get out and did not know there was a manual release on the floor... neither did the idiot salesman. So, I had to sit there, in the center of the showroom, inside, near the bathrooms, until they got a jumper box to provide enough power to get me out. I kept saying, "I guess it likes me". Idiots.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom