Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: notice from gm

trw531

Corvette
07 convertiable red manual tranny
got a letter from gm saying my model and year(07,56k miles)could be leaking fuel from the left side gas tank.If I see or smell fuel take it to gm.This is good for 10 years or 120000 miles from sold date.REALLY--my car is a 07 and this is 2017.The letter doesn't mean much for me,i am already 10 years old.Any one else get this letter.:mad Tank needs to be over 1/2 full

Last edited:
I haven't received one, but you are right, kind of stupid for any 007 cars that were early cars. I don't even know when mine was put into service.

I've got a '13 and I got the letter. It's got 42k miles on it and I'm not smelling gas. I filed the letter with my owner's manual. Hope I never need to use it.

Mine came yesterday. Not sure if I even qualify.

Me too...

Got mine last Wednesday...

I Still Have Time!

Just filed mine with OM...hope I never need to use it.....my 13 has 7500 miles on it.

I received my letter too but I know when my '07 was placed in service and this warranty work expires for me in May 2017. I still have time. Thing is mine is not leaking yet but I have a bad fuel check valve in my fuel pump and need to get the pump replaced this week to the tune of about $1700. What do you think my chances are of getting my dealer service to replace that pump and accompanying bad driver-side fuel tank under this leakage warranty. I've read it is just a matter of time before the tank crossover inlet neck cracks start appearing on the tank and fuel starts leaking... right on the exhaust. Would be real dangerous for this to happen on a long trip, which we take often. The car has 32,000 miles.

Thanks for any advice you can offer. I need some advantageous advice before I approach the dealer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom