Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Now it's my turn

WNS532-66

Corvette
1966 Sunfire Yellow Convertible
I got my frame and some misc. parts back on Friday from being powder coated.
They Look so shiney:cool right now i dont even want to touch them..
Sometimes i wonder what i have gotten myself into..so many parts:confused
I can see this is going to take a long time but in the long run it will be worth it.

I know i will get some good feed back on assembly when i start tomorrow from all of you..:D Believe me i will have questions and lots of them.

My car is a 66 vert, Sunfire Yellow other than the powder coating and the missing motor and transmission it will be original.
I have had this car since 1976/77, (can't really remember the exact year). The car was in different garages for all this time except in the early 80"s when i first attempted a frame off.
The frame was sandblasted and painted and put back together, then came marriage, kids, divorce, ( i kept the car and kids) now they are all grown up and now its my turn to be a kid again:D .

I will post some pics as soon as i get them on the computor.

heres what it looked like when i brought home on the trailer.
Pic2Sideview.jpg

Jack

WNS532-66 said:
and now its my turn to be a kid again:D .

You mean I was supposed to grow up?!? ;LOL

In all seriousness, congrats on getting back on the car! It'll be great fun(and even more fun once it's back on the road).

If you can, involve your kids in the rebuild. My father and I did his (now my) '65 and the memories I have from wrenching on it with him will be with me for a lifetime.

nicely powder coated parts are so much nicer to work with than the old rusty or greasy parts. congratulations on getting them powder coated.....keep the photos coming...it is nice to see and gives good encouragement to those of us that have started but are not done just yet.

by the way, what are you doing for brake lines and fuel lines?

SS on all the lines.
also where can i get info on converting to Power brakes?
how many $$$ will this take to do the conversion?

IH2LOSE said:
Best of luck. I would suggest getting the Assembly manual for the car its an invaluable resource in a project of this magnitude.
even when I have the manual, I find that I put stuff in backwards or upside down.....live and learn.....

Let The Fun Begin!

Take your time and get organized, it will keep the cussing down to a minimum.

Good luck and keep the pictures coming.

Ray

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom