Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Now my dash lights are out!

So Bay Vetter

Corvette
1996 Collector LT4
I had the battery on my 96 disconnected this weekend so tonight, while driving, I was re-setting my radio stations when POOF! every light connected to the dimmer switch quit working; dash, doors, rear view mirror, but I never touched the dimmer switch! Domes still work from switch. Would the dimmer switch fail without touching it?

Aggravating, I know. Just a thought... Check your mini and maxi fuses---#1 in the maxi fuse box under the hood is 20A. Good luck!!! :w

A few months back I lost my dash lights too! Mine came from a loose connection. But I agree, fuses are usualy a good place to start.

The dash lights are on the same circuit so that when you lose a tail light, the dash lights go out and you'll know it. GM's done that for a while now but they really don't publicize it as much as they should.

Once you figure out what blew that fuse, you should be all set.

I'd try changing the fuse first, since that is an inexpensive repair. If the fuse blows again, then start looking for a short somewhere or some type of problems that would blow the fuse.

Problem fixed, I think . . .

Acting on Jeb's info I replaced the fuse and found 2 of the 4 tailights out. As I started to replace them, one of the others came on but was stuck on bright (which kept the blinker from working as well). Ultimitely I changed all four (about $7). Dash lights are back on, blinkes are working, all is good with the world . . . for now!

Thanks Jeb! your experience was invaluable!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom