Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Official 2011 CruiseFest thread

Hey guys, I made it home in good shape. Right at a total of 1600 miles driven. Glad to hear most checking in and that we don't have to have a secondary Road Warrior award.

Here's a wave from southwest Kansas. :w

I had a really good time as expected. It's the people that make the event what it is. We missed some of the people and met some new people.

I made it home in about 6 hours on the dot. It was nice that the heat wasn't that bad for most of the trip. I only had to crack my passenger window to get some air circulation.

And of course, in keeping with CruiseFest tradition, it downpoured at least once! Two or three times if you include Saturday when we checked out. 7 outta 7 CruiseFests, people!!!
:happyanim:

BlenderWars went pretty well too! We got Deb Beasley and Scott Bohanan to come over for it. I'm not sure how many hours we were out there. Picked up some "Rum Chata" (which I haven't seen in Ohio) and a chocolate/wine liquor that made for tasty frozen drinks in the blender. Yum!
:beer

Thanks for the new avatar, 'dre. :L

Nice Tom!!!!:cool!::cool!:
where did the pic come from??????:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

Ok I see Andre' received the Yager Trophy and Bill "Earned" the Road Warrior Trophy....

ah Bill..... . . . . Curious minds NEED to know ;)

(Of all the Road Warrior Trophies 4 of the 7 have now gone to a 1981 Corvette :eek :duh )

Bud

I suppose I could've taken the award if we slightly renamed it to The Road Whiner Award. But we opted to leave it "as is" and award it to Bill.:L

(Truth be told, I didn't really whine that much. Everyone else just kinda jumped on it and made something out of nothing. :eyerole:L)

(Truth be told, I didn't really whine that much. Everyone else just kinda jumped on it and made something out of nothing. :eyerole:L)

That's his story, and he's sticking to it.

Bud, thankfully, we had no real issues this year with any of the attendees. It became a choice of "well, who should get it." The "whiner" actually had a case, but beings Bill didn't win the farthest award (that went to Barrett in his 2008 roadster), we felt that Bill deserved it the most for coming as far as he did, about 950 miles, in his 81.

Bill can also be thanked for forwarding that wonderful picture of me to 'Dre.

It is great to hear that everyone made it back fine. I apologize for not making it, but couldn't be helped. Bill, congratulations on the Road Warrior Award. Don't worry, for I suspect that C4's will gain-up and surpass C3's earning this award in the next 5 years. ;):cool!::chuckle:D

GerryLP:cool

p.s. Oh! And I understand that congratulations are in order for Bill as a new C3 moderator?!?!? Is that right?...Well Alright!

Gerry,Sorry you weren't able to make it but I understand.....;);)
I was hoping to see you again this year but alas....
perhaps next year if thing are more settled...
stay away from the wild fires!!!!!!!:upthumbs:upthumbs

Late posting as usual - just turned the computer on today; we were the last to arrive at CF in Effingham. I want to add my thanks to the MAMW staff for all that they did. What made this CF especially great was the three hour seminar Paul put on and the work he did on the cars afterward - this makes attendance worthwhile. It is wonderful that he is the CAC technical advisor and answers all of our questions.
Thanks to Tom for working with MAMW for the CF. He deserves kudos also.
I arrived back in Colorado Sunday evening, and drove 1025 miles back; strange that it was 1029 miles to CF straight thru, so it must have been a 4 mile detour on the way to Effingham.
Hope we have anothe CF next year and that all you CACers that missed this one come to the next one.
Barrett

hi byron

As always it was nice to see you. my new dogie told me she liked you too. hope you make many more, and maybe ditch that crabby much older brother of yours...........................................................billy:happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

Cruisefest pics are up!

www.facebook.com/corvettepassion

Its all there. Included in there was all the fun people who made this Cruisefest an excellent one!!!!!

Thank you to every last one of you, :dancenaughty

Allthebest, c4c5

www.facebook.com/corvettepassion

Its all there. Included in there was all the fun people who made this Cruisefest an excellent one!!!!!
FYI, as of last night, pics 11 & 12 in that group of facebook pics is not us.
The group of 'elders' in the pics were a square dancing group that happened to stop by and the MAM photographer had them stand in for their pics during the middle of ours. So more than likely that's how they ended up getting associated with our event.

I have notified Deb at MAM of the minor mix-up. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom