Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

oil change

R

RayL81

I just purchased my 1981 Coupe and I want to change the oil. I use Mobil 1 in my other vehicles. Any recommendations??

I use Mobil1 in both. I have not experienced the leak issues that some have mentioned when switching over. I switched over the 82 at close to 100k when I purchased it with no problems.
IMO go with Mobil1

Carlo

And above all , enjoy the ride:upthumbs

I prefer Valvoline or Castrol synthetics

Probably more a personal thing, like how often to change.

I am not pleased at my spun bearing (w/Mobil 1) at only 105k. I never abused this '84, either.

Thanks for the reply

Thanks for responding to both of my posts.

I use Mobil 1 in all my cars, two 73 Vettes, 90 vette, and an '00 truck. In fact it is also in a very old lawn mower. I change oil every 5K just because 5/10/15/20/etc is easy to keep up with.

tom...

Mobil 1 / Castrol Synthetics

I have used the Castrol Synthetic also and I don't have any complaints.

Tom,
What's the mileage on the mower?:L :L :L :L :L

Carlo

Oil

She's got 81k on her. One owner, slept in a garage all her life. I've tried to upload a picture to show when I post, but for some reason it does not show with my posting. Also I just bought a fire extinguisher at lunch time.

Tom

Every car every 5000 miles !!

You probably spend more on oil than I paid for my last car. Mobil 1 is about $40 - $45 a gallon here.

:L :L :L

I use Valvoline non synthetic, it`s reasonably priced and works ok for me.

J.

To each their own I suppose . . . I have never used anything but Pennzoil . . . changed every 2500 miles or 3 months . . . which ever came first. This done for the last 25 years in a '58 Chevy Biscayne with a 348 Interceptor, '67 Cougar XR7 302 small block(geez how I wish I still had that one), '76 Chevy Short bed step side with a 350, '73 Celica with a 22R, '75 Vette, '67 Mustang with a built 289, '75 Chevy LUV (with a 350 CID and 350 TH tranny - basically stock engine that kicked butt) . . . etc . . . cars with lots of miles and lots of smiles. Never, never, ever had a problem. As Leon Caplan (Motor man) says, "save your money . . . send it to me".

Re: Tom

JHL said:
Every car every 5000 miles !!

You probably spend more on oil than I paid for my last car. Mobil 1 is about $40 - $45 a gallon here.
I just go to WalMart and get the 5 qt jug of Mobil 1 for $17.95.

The two 73's never get 5000 in a year so they get changed more often as I will change them at least yearly.

tom...

Tom

We have Wall Mart here as well but you would`t be able to buy Mobil at that price. I have had my Vette for just about four years and have only done 6000 miles in total, if I worked on my daily driver oilchange schedule(almost never) I wouldn`t have to change it for about another 10 years.

J.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom