Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

oil changes

NOPE - Check out his/hib's profile, he has no friends!

:eyeroleWow...I bet you have tons of :chuckle friends ...anyway, thats a preetty rude thing to point out...I'm sure he has many friends and I am sure you will come back with a statement to smoothe things over:rotfl ...Hib is 100% correct... he is very similar to ET...who cares if he has any listed friends? He gives free help and advice and it is sound advice...unlike lots of aholes here who think they are mechanics because they can change oil;LOL
Oh yea...btw...Mobil 1 10W30 is what to use...

Wow looks like you are the same 6 Shooter creep who is also a smartazz on the CorvetteForum.com...glad you are here often and not there...oh wait...thats just wishful thinking on my part ;LOL

Wow, in some forums you guys trashing could be kicked off or suspended. :eyerole:argue

Well...looks like the "6Shooter" is in a festive mood.
:L

As for the new "Dexos" standards for various lubricants used in current GM vehicles...to be honest, I know enough about Dexos to be dangerous and have yet to get the time to research it. Of late, I've been very busy on the next installment of the CAC's "Ruthless Pursuit of Power" series. The only recent engine not covered in that series of the LS7 and I'm doing that article now.

As for what oil would I put in my newer and older cars, I use Red Line 10W30 in everything except my 71 hot rod. In that car's big block I use Red Line 10W40. Red Line works very well in current roller tappet engines and old flat tappet engines as it's phosphate content is about 1100 PPM. Red Line is pricey, but I view it as...(and I'll use a cliche phrase you hear a lot in oil threads)...cheap insurance.

If I was on a tighter budget for oil, I'd use Mobil 1 10W30 where necessary. It is wasn't necessary, I'd use Valvoline 10W30 petro-based oil.

For engines with flat tappet cams, if cost was a key issue, I'd use either Chevron Delo 400LE 10W30 or Shell Rotella T 10W30.

At this point, I can't tell you what of those, other than M1, meets "Dexos".

Knock it off kids!. First and last warning. The topic is "oil."

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom