Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil coming out of filler neck ???

jims427400

Corvette
67 427 tripower,68 427 tripower,04 Z16, 62 340hp
I'm looking at a 69 vert ( only a mile from my house) 350/300hp 70k miles original motor,original owner. When he fired it up, he mentioned that it pukes oil out of the oil fill neck. Not really interested yet, he's asking $26,000 and I'm partial to BB but he had all the original documents. What causes this type of problem w/ the oil?? And what is the cure while I'm at it..

May be too much pressure being created in the block due to piston ring blow-by, due to worn rings.

Vette79,
hard to say, area was oil soaked and there was like smoking mist coming out from under cap.
Hope that helps.
Worn rings sounds logical.

"Smoking mist" is surely the compression gases blow-by. The little PCV sucks as much out as it can but if excessive..................

Good call compyelc4. And of course not good either so that price should come down somewhat...

"Smoking mist" is surely the compression gases blow-by. The little PCV sucks as much out as it can but if excessive..................
Maybe the PCV valve is "broke" and not sucking ANYTHING out of there. If it IS, you'll get a lot of oil vapor out of any opening that it can find.
Andy

Sounds liek blow by. My 77 did it for a couple of years. The higher the speed the more oil it blew out. Eventually I cracked a cylinder and blew the engine.

Jim

I didnt thing to give the pvc a shake.. if I go back I'll try that, and go for less money. Need to get the 68 running first, no more geerage space..

I'm looking at a 69 vert ( only a mile from my house) 350/300hp 70k miles original motor,original owner. When he fired it up, he mentioned that it pukes oil out of the oil fill neck. Not really interested yet, he's asking $26,000 and I'm partial to BB but he had all the original documents. What causes this type of problem w/ the oil?? And what is the cure while I'm at it..

"Oil Fill Neck" - on a '69 350 - "original" - hmmm, something is amiss........

Have to ask. Is the filler cap on?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom