Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Oil Pressure gauge not working in 82 CE

CDN

Corvette
1982 Collector's Edition
Hello! This is my first post to this forum. I am helping my Dad get his 1982 Collector's Edition Corvette back on the road. We have a nagging issue with the oil pressure gauge not reading pressure. We have replaced the sending unit, the gauge and the printed circuit board without success. All other gauges work correctly including the oil temperature gauge. Assuming the wire harness is not broken, what other components should we investigate?

Thanks

Chuck

Welcome to CAC!!!Chuck.
I'd guess you have broken wire somewhere..
Run a jumper wire from the switch to the gauge,(be sure the gauge/cluster is grounded)
and see if the gauge works

Thanks Bill. I'll try that next time I am in town to work on the car.

Chuck

Hello! This is my first post to this forum. I am helping my Dad get his 1982 Collector's Edition Corvette back on the road. .......................

Chuck
Hi Chuck. Although I can't help with your tech issue (and I see Bill has that under control anyway) I just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the Corvette Action Center!

When you have time, post a new thread in the new member's forum - New Member Introductions - and tell us about yourself, your dad and the Collector Edition project you're sharing.

Enjoy the forums!
:wJane Ann

82 oil gauge

chuck, welcome:w i live in nashville, i also have a 82ce, give me a call at the shop 615-255-3939. ill get it fixed for you.

Isn't the oil pressure gauge also connected to the fuel pump relais?
If so, and your car is still running the problem is somewhere between the gauge and this "fuel pump" connection.

Greetings Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom