Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Oil pressure on a 1999 Corvette

Ironranger30

Corvette
2003 Yellow Z06
Hey everyone just looking for a lil help. What should the oil pressure be at on a 1999 Corvette ( idling at about 600 RPM's, 45000 miles on the car) Its a silver convertable has some nice extras, auto, HUD, looks to be loaded. He wants 16,500 what do you all think? that a pretty good deal. i have a picture of the car under NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS and it is a post that says " Hey everyone just wanted to say hi..." its by me " IRONRANGER30".

theres a pic of the car on one of the last posts tell me what you think of the car.

thanks guys

My 98 oil pressure will vary with RPM and Oil Temps. At start (idle) with <100 F, I get around 50 psi, but that drops as the oil temp moves up. I've seen as low as 40 psi with oil temp >200 F at idle.

43 psi @650 rpm on warmup after cold start.

I went and checked just fer u!!!:D

Re: your price question - sounds like a good deal to me. Look like a few grand in body mods alone. But, I never drove it, so if you know nothing about Vettes or used car schemes, bring along a mechanic you trust and get his $50 opinion (slip the dude a fifty!).

And don't let the salesperson talk you into anything you're not interested in. Take your time, because if you don't, they'll have you for lunch. Post any questions here, we've just about heard it all...

hmm... it looks like this one about 28PSi at idle i dont know if its totally warmed up or cold but that seems a lil low to me...

Yea im a lil tight on money at the moment so im in no rush right now if it is stil out there when i got the money i will make sure to check it out. but a 1999 corvette with only 45000 miles should have at least 35+ oil pressure after warming up pretty good right?

thanks again guys

That's a good assumption. And the 45,000 miles isn't high if it was properly maintained and not beaten to death for those 45,000. The pic you posted seems to show that it was well maintained on the outside. Just make sure whenever you buy that you're getting your money's worth.

Good luck.

45000 isn't bad mileage for a 99' and the price seems to be around retail or somewhat less, good deal. I bought a 99' MR Coupe last year with 30000 miles. It's great car, totally bone stock, but is going to be getting a new SDPC L92 427ci. "The Sleeper" ;) The oil pressure on the LS1 stays around 40psi at idle. The car now has 36K on it, but is still like new.

I was out a couple of days ago and remembered this post, so I made some notes. Here is what I found. At 230 degrees the pressure is at 25. at 220 it at 30-35. If it's around 190 to 200 degrees its around 40. 190-200 about 40-50. I don't think you have anthything to worry about. If you're worried about it being abused, check the compression. If there is a drop in the compression from standard, the machine could have been driven hard. My 2000 has a little over 50K on it and I'm the second owner. My 'vette could have been driven hard, and I suspect it actually was. These engines are made to drive hard jfor a while as long as they're not red-lined and the oil is fresh and full. My 2 cents.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom