Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

ok guys, where is the heck is my car jack

Joe8915

Corvette
1990 Blue Steel
Another stupid question, just where in the heck is my car jack on a 1990?,:confused or do I even have one. I might have to find a owners manual.:bash

I don't know on a 90 but on my 93 it is behind the drivers seat on the floor:lou

I am wrong what is behind the seat is the jack handle and lug wrench. You use them to remove the spare tire and the jack is inside the spare tire rim.

You, got to be kidding me, I look for 1 hr for the dang jack. Just getting ready for my first long road trip. Can not wait, thank guys.

The jack is with the spare tire, the handle in one of the rear compartments.

My advice: carry a cell phone and AAA card for the road and buy a good floor jack and jack stands for the garage.:D

The jack is with the spare tire, the handle in one of the rear compartments.

My advice: carry a cell phone and AAA card for the road and buy a good floor jack and jack stands for the garage.:D

The wife has the Cell Phone and I have my insurance paid up to date:w

and none of this will matter if you don't have the wheel lock key for the lug nut (assuming you have wheel locks)

and none of this will matter if you don't have the wheel lock key for the lug nut (assuming you have wheel locks)

Check, got that. I went through the whole routine if I have a flat tire on the road.:_rock:_rock

Joe, also on the owners manual, do an E-bay search. They are often on there. (I think I saw a link for manuals here on the forum too, but can't find it right now)

Thanks, I just called the previous owner and he still had it laying around. Lucky me.

Well I guess my jack is in the wrong place, because mine is NOT in with the spare. Mine is in the compartment in the storage area right behind the passenger seat in the lower part of the compartment. Jack handle behind the drivers seat on the floor. Now remember, this is in my 94.

I went through the same thing before I left on my first trip, I wanted to know where the jack, jack handle, lock, etc. were before I needed them. My spare was flat at the ime too. I check it about once a year now (I only drive the vette about 4-5K/year). Good luck on your trip and have fun

Well I guess my jack is in the wrong place, because mine is NOT in with the spare. Mine is in the compartment in the storage area right behind the passenger seat in the lower part of the compartment. Jack handle behind the drivers seat on the floor. Now remember, this is in my 94.

I went through the same thing before I left on my first trip, I wanted to know where the jack, jack handle, lock, etc. were before I needed them. My spare was flat at the ime too. I check it about once a year now (I only drive the vette about 4-5K/year). Good luck on your trip and have fun

Tom that is one of the first places I look, god forbid it was that easy to find. I will be going threw a practice run before I leave. I have to check and make sure the jack is there and the tire is full. I will have to read up on where to put the dang jack when jacking up the car.:chuckle

Tom that is one of the first places I look, god forbid it was that easy to find. I will be going threw a practice run before I leave. I have to check and make sure the jack is there and the tire is full. I will have to read up on where to put the dang jack when jacking up the car.:chuckle

Well Joe, I had to lift out a false bottom and the jack was underneath. Look closely.

O man I didn't to that. Ok now I will look again. How long does it take for a person to know his vette. GEEEEEEEEEEE

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom