Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Warning! OK, so I am now OCD over my 03

Texasred03

Corvette
2003 Torch Red
My wife thinks I am nut! :blah I just finish a 12 tabbed 52 page excel workbook on my 03. I printed everything out, and put it in a Black leather Binder, It has avery bit of information I can get on the car, to include RPO list, Rarity, Date built, A log sheet for any repairs and oil changes, and added items to the car, The CARFAX report, Tips and secrets for the car, History of the building of the C5, Computer error codes, and a printed version from PDF of the dealer brochure.(I just ordered one from EBAY) I also ordered the dealer CD for the owners manual, and I asked Santa for the Dealer sticker and build sheet for the car. OK and I want a set laser etched in wood for my office, I have had the car 2 weeks, and have only cleaned the interior 5, no 6 OK OK OK 7 times, BUT only waxed it 3 times. WHATEVER 4 times. I did vacuum off the hood insulation, and washed the engine only twice though. I don't see a problem with this? Anyone else? My book is awesome though. It really is. It includes everything I could find and think of 2 other 'Vette owners plan on creating one also. I figure on keeping the car for a long time, and I though the record of the car would be neat to have with it. I am not OCD am I, :BDH

Oh if there is anything else you can think of to add to the book, let me know. I have a few empty pages I could add. Or I can buy the bigger leather binder. Does anyone know if there are black leather binders, with the Corvette Logo embossed on it? :eek:hnoes

I don't see anything abnormal :D

I have Excel spread sheets on my 1981 from the build sheet to the delivery check off list to all the pamphlets and dealer literature that came with the original delivery. Every receipt from delivery to my ownership and every receipt entered by date, description, parts, labor cost and total cost with 12 excel pages with page total and accumulated total carried to the last page..

The original owner was a meticulous record keeper and passed along all hard copy receipts as well as any and all parts that where replaced..

When we got our 2003 I set up the same thing for it... :crazy :thumb

Don't feel alone, there are many like us around here... I would like to think there are :eek :chuckle

Nice Job!

Bud

Thanks. I have it on my phone and tablet also. The thing was, when I was doing research to buy one, I had so much info, I had decided to keep it on a workable spreadsheet. It made it real easy to look up information, and keep cars straight. After looking at 200+ cars on the web, and looking several in person, that stuff will all blend in together. When I bought this one. It seemed only natural to make the book, and as time goes, and I find other facts about the car, I can add to it.

Pretty weird if you ask me.........the fact that your interior clean ratio is double the exterior work ratio........you might want to get some help with that........:D

Pretty weird if you ask me.........the fact that your interior clean ratio is double the exterior work ratio........you might want to get some help with that........:D
I have double, triple checked the interior to exterior figures and it looks ok to me :D :w :chuckle

Bud

I have double, triple checked the interior to exterior figures and it looks ok to me :D :w :chuckle

Bud

Uhh.........hmmmm......anyway.....How about them Huskers......we are going to the game today.....my banker got us some choice seats in the club section which I thought was nice after being at the their bank for 25 years.......Go Huskers!

Like Bud said, it sounds normal to me. Mine isn't in a leather portfolio though, just a three ring binder. :happyanim:

Interior 2-3 times per 1 outside cleaning seems a bit high to me also. I'm closer to 1 to 2. but then that's if I don't drive the car at all in between. ;LOL

Sounds normal to me. :D

I kept meticulous records on my 94 and gave a copy of everything to the new owner when I sold her. And the 3-ring binder on my 98 is in the trunk right now. I've even included printable copies of CAC threads I thought would be useful in the event of mechanical issues when on roadtrips. And my Corvette go-to guy Kevin has records on his computer at the shop. :thumb

What's a little obsession among friends? :L
:wJane Ann

Aw c'mon guys, you all are just normal! Now me? I have my Vette listed as the executor of my estate. :D

Texas Red,

The only thing I think I would add now is gas in the tank and digits on the odometer...which is usually followed up with new rubber on the back sprockets LOL!! :thumb

Enjoy the Vette and Save the Wave! :w

Texas Red,

The only thing I think I would add now is gas in the tank and digits on the odometer...which is usually followed up with new rubber on the back sprockets LOL!! :thumb

You forgot the ear to ear grin. :D

Aw c'mon guys, you all are just normal! Now me? I have my Vette listed as the executor of my estate. :D

Now that is insane! ;LOLI wonder if you can really do that? ANYWAY!

I plan on it going with me, so I have it in MY will, that they will strap the 'Vette to 2 telephone poles, set it afloat in Belton lake, and set it and me and the car on fire, Just like a Viking burial, I love my 2 grown kids, and of course I love my wife BUT... Let them get their own 'Vette!!! :v

I plan on making such a book for my 81. Glad to see I'm almost as normal as the rest of you! :)

Yup. Normal...

I see that I've been somewhat remiss in my Corvette documentation duties, though. I have a pile of information on both of mine (much more on Aztec Gold #15, including things like a copy of the original MSO title and the actual paint formula for "Aztec Gold"), and have been strongly encouraged by one of the fellow owners of the fifteen Aztec Gold C5's to organize it all into a binder -- as he had done... But I've been kind-of dragging my feet on the matter...

I have now been duly shamed by my fellow Corvette owners... :( ;)

I see that I've been somewhat remiss in my Corvette documentation duties, though. I have a pile of information on both of mine (much more on Aztec Gold #15, including things like a copy of the original MSO title and the actual paint formula for "Aztec Gold"), and have been strongly encouraged by one of the fellow owners of the fifteen Aztec Gold C5's to organize it all into a binder -- as he had done... But I've been kind-of dragging my feet on the matter...

I have now been duly shamed by my fellow Corvette owners... :( ;)

Creating the info on a spreadsheet was the key for me, I was able to import so much of it, scanned in PDF and inserting information directly from the internet. Then keeping straight by creating tabs on the bottom, and using them as the chapters. It is a large file now, with the PDF documents, But I have it on my phone, and my tablet also. I work with spreadsheets at work all of the time, so it was an easy do for me.

Creating the info on a spreadsheet was the key for me, I was able to import so much of it, scanned in PDF and inserting information directly from the internet. Then keeping straight by creating tabs on the bottom, and using them as the chapters. It is a large file now, with the PDF documents, But I have it on my phone, and my tablet also. I work with spreadsheets at work all of the time, so it was an easy do for me.

And just to update this, I now have the 2003 4 pins set, and about 5 books from the history, along with the monopoly game, I Just got the dealer sticker and build sheet. Oh and a program from Memphis that they had for the release party, and the Book that only a few people got when they filled out the GM questionnaire. Hmm is this out of control....? :happyanim: Plus god only knows how many pics I have taken of my baby!

IMGP7872 (1).jpg

You guys make me feel bad 'cause my documentation is housed in a manila folder and ahigh school blue loose leaf book left over from my last kid in high school (12 years ago). I have similar docs for my other vehicles and my Harley. And I thought I was sick in gathering all that information. You guys are even sicker:BOW

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom