Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

On Board Toolkit ? (Fiddler's Gold thread is merged here too)

Nikki just reminded me of something. No car should be without a femine tool kit. That is, a hair scrunchy to keep it from getting tangled with the roof off, or down, a hair brush to put the hair back in order after ariving at the destination, and a handful of feminine hygene products stored away in the console just in case.

I remember taking a friend of mine for a ride in my old 86 Pace Car vert. I reached in the center console for a pen to write something down in a hurry. I first handed him some papers as I was digging for the pen, then the hair scrunchy, then the hair brush, and finally the hygene products. You should have seen the look on his face when I tried to put the final items in his hands while digging for the pen.

:L

I have a hat passengers of the femine persuasion may borrow.

As for the other stuff, I don't have a female companion at this time. Besides, it would have to be pretty serious for me to use what little storage space GM provided to store that stuff. Besides, with my luck, she would want me to sell it anyway!

What tools do you carry in your C4?

C4-Friends,
Just curious as to what all of you keep in your car, specifically in terms of a small tool kit or emergency tools that you have found to be invaluable or useful for your C4 - especially for long road trips etc. Type, sizes & description would be MUCH appreciated.
I am just making sure that I stock up my C4 with all of the basic essentials and useful C4 tools.

Thanks,
Fiddler
:)

I haven't taken any long trips, but at the moment, I have a small 3/8" drive ratchet with 1/4" and 3/8" sockets from 5mm to 15mm, a reversible screwdriver (both phillips and flat), and a pair of pliers. Of course a lug wrench and jack.

I would add a flash light and jumper cables.

Medium-sized Rubbermaid box with a small socket set, screwdriver set, hammer, pliers, duck tape and electrical tape, electrical connectors, two quarts of oil, and paper towels/shop rags. I have a similar kit in my primary vehicle, but it also has a first aid kit, flares, collapsible shovel, emergency rations (I've had to drive in all sorts of nasty weather), water purification kit, miniature survival kit (don't ask), pocket knife, and some other stuff I can't think of offhand.
[RICHR]

Best tool you can carry is a credit card!!!!!!
:eek

Don't forget a wrench that fits your battery connector. (I don't have one that is the right sixe for my 84 that is why I did not list the size)

Tools in a C-4 ?????

Helo Fiddler !
I don't carry any if I'm not going more than an hour or so away from home. However, if I am going on an extended distance/time trip away from home, I just grab my plastic Craftsman tool box that has a good basic assortment. It is about 12" wide, 2' long, and 12" deep/tall. Yes it does take up valuable space, however in terms of saving money, and not having to let some know nothing minimum wage flunky screw with my car, the peace of mind is worth it ! Also, as earlier stated, a credit card is a good back up !

:w
Steve.

AAA Motor Club Card

A three-cell MagLight and one of Gordon Killebrew's hood opening tools (in case the hood latch cables break)

On long trips I take service manuals, MasterTech scan tester and a small tool kit

Someone mentioned carrying a can of tire inflator. I just wanted to point out that in my C5 Owners Manual it says not to use that stuff as it could damage the tire pressure sensors.

dmkoger said:
Someone mentioned carrying a can of tire inflator. I just wanted to point out that in my C5 Owners Manual it says not to use that stuff as it could damage the tire pressure sensors.

Good point. Probably should go for the C4 with the sensors too. The tools I carry are a Leatherman Super tool with screwdriver adapter, halon fire extinguisher, mini maglite, jumper cables (compact, emergency ones). Other than that, I carry a cell phone with me 99% of the time.

Fire extinguisher... good point, forgot that one. I have one in each vehicle; they're only about $20 at Wal-mart for the large gas/grease-capable ones. It became a mandatory item after we watched an accident cause a car fire that bloomed from nothing to inferno in about 5 minutes - totally gutted an SUV. If anyone had had an extinguiser handy, the truck probably would have been saved.
[RICHR]

Being a former fireman, I don't leave home without it. I have one in every vehicle. I like the halon ones over the dry chem because they can work without opening the hood and don't leave residue everywhere. However, they are very hard to find since halon is on the not envirionmentally friendly list. They are still available for aircraft.

Fire Ext Mount

FWIW There's a company called Brey-Krause make a mount for an ext that slips
between the seat mounts and projects forward to attach the ext.
It moves with the seat so it doesn't bind on anything.
A little pricey though - about $80 without the ext.

Dan, do me a favor and reduce the size of your signature images please.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom