Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

{Opinions and input} AeroBody - What would you like to see styled into the next gen?

What you would focus upon, if you were the designer of the new AeroBody

• Retro Cues from the C4 AeroBody incorporated

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Cues of the C6R race car incorporated

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Totally radical and exotic like the C12

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Wide & aggressive like the new C6 Z06 on steroids

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Subtle & classy changes

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
wallyknoch said:
The most important change to me is the retro choice to be able to select any engine. In otherwords, the ability to have a choice of engines available in any body style and not limited to a ZO6. :upthumbs

So you want the AeroBody to be offered on all the Vettes?? From Coupe, to Convertible, right to the new C6 Z06 :confused

Thanks for the input :cool :m

*89x2* said:
So you want the AeroBody to be offered on all the Vettes?? From Coupe, to Convertible, right to the new C6 Z06 :confused

Thanks for the input :cool :m
I dont know what a aerobody is and I really dont care. I did not vote in the poll as to body changes. They come anyway whether you like it or not. Plus I dont think my reply was offering any solution to the style of body GM comes up with. I love HP and the fact that GM has lagged considerably in the HP race I just wanted to be on record if there was a chance of teriffic HP available that it was not restricted to one particular Vette or body style. :eyerole

wallyknoch said:
I dont know what a aerobody is and I really dont care. I did not vote in the poll as to body changes. They come anyway whether you like it or not. Plus I dont think my reply was offering any solution to the style of body GM comes up with. I love HP and the fact that GM has lagged considerably in the HP race I just wanted to be on record if there was a chance of teriffic HP available that it was not restricted to one particular Vette or body style. :eyerole

...I see - well, R.I.F. :eyerole ...you did read what the thread / poll was about, before taking the time to hit "click," right?? :confused :ugh :crazy

I agree stick with cues from the classic C4 Aerobody agressive looks and a wide body.....but please don't have a nose opening like an Aston Martin....that is not the Corvette look and timeless design I'm hoping for like the C4 has. Nothing against the Aston Martin or the 89 #10 car which are all great.....I just prefer the other look on a Callaway Corvette

shopview said:
I agree stick with cues from the classic C4 Aerobody agressive looks and a wide body.....but please don't have a nose opening like an Aston Martin....that is not the Corvette look and timeless design I'm hoping for like the C4 has. Nothing against the Aston Martin or the 89 #10 car which are all great.....I just prefer the other look on a Callaway Corvette

well, what I saw the other day, does not resemble the Astons or #10 at all. It did however, remind me of an old friend :cool

I did not get to take any pictures of this (preliminary) design - it is all up in my mind...

...how to paint a picture of what I am talking about ;)

I am working on that - in the meantime... here is where I have the images stored :ugh :crazy

BrainScan.jpg

Is it designed by Deutschman?

...soon - VERY soon~

From the poll above, the two top choices (tied) are for :

Retro Cues from the C4 AeroBody incorporated -and-

Wide & aggressive like the new C6 Z06 on steroids

Those who were at Carlisle, got a sneek peek at what the direction of this project is going to be, and some of the images used for styling were shared with the group ;) ( Thanks Callaway Cars :upthumbs )

In anticipation for this release, I thought I would bump this thread back to the top - any more imput on this new AeroBody???? :cool

...stay tuned

Thanks for taking the time to click on this topic - Please take a second to vote on what you would like to see incorporated into the next AeroBody if you were the designer :cool

Daydreaming about what is coming from the stylists @ Callaway Cars, I wondered what others were thinking about when it comes to the new body style :confused

About a year ago, some initial designs were published in a magazine and there has been some addl. discussion abou the body since however, in the meantime, we can all dream a little - right :cool

I look forward to hearing - and if you would like to illustrate your ideas, see what your visions for the next generation Callaway AeroBody would, should, could look like :cool :m

**If there is a poll choice you have in mind that isn't listed, ask and it will be added :upthumbs

For referance, I added these three images - Happy daydreaming :cool

Original AeroBody Styling for the C4's

img_1678.jpg

C12 Styling
100_2899.jpg

C6 Styling:

c607.JPG

C6R Styling:

z06gt3A.jpg

One and a half months to go... :cool

This new AeroBody is due before the holidays
noel.gif

This one looks nice, iff they would add the 4 rectangle air holes (c4 aerobody)

46886.jpg

I agree!!! the tiger shark looks killer. combine that with the new headlights, but with a twist. make the headlights photosensor like suglasses or electrically darken. that way they would "disappear" on a black car, and look good on the other colors too. the c6 headlights aren't to my liking, but after seeing blackened, they look pretty good. take a look at the new caravaggio styling for the c6., not bad at all!!!

anyway, a c6 tiger is what GM should have done, now's the chance for the b2k boys to make it right, and for god sake, release the TT!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom