Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"opinions please"do c4 corvettes look good with rear mount spoilers"?

This is Evilvett at last years Cruisefest with his 85

Personally , I like it . But then again he is my brother .

Cruisefest20050231.jpg

I'm not nuts about them on a C4. A Porche Turbo, a Countach YES! Couldn't imagine them without one...

BLACKTALON said:
Putting a wing on a C-4 is a great big :nono

What he said.:)

I share the opinion that when a car does not look cool rolling off the productionline you cannot improve it by adding ricer wings and ground effects.

but since the C4 bodylines are already cool you can make it look better by adding a Callaway aerobody :)

about rear wings on a C4. nah, not my style.

I have 1 on my family car which is a 16v model and standard came with ground effects and rear wing, and I think that suits the car.

markw1.jpg

markw2.jpg

I like the on on my new 1989 6 spped. For a long time I was of he opinion that to add one detracted from the appearance of the car. I even like the factory optioned one.

sxyvet said:
hi there all,
just wandering what every one thinks about rear fibreglass mount spoilers to suit c4 corvette?

do you think they make the car look better or worse?

it does depend on the shape and style i guess though as well doesnt it!
i was looking at the wrap around rear spoiler with the two pedelstone feet on the base and has concouve top!
similar to the green wood brand or know as the street style wing!
sits up about 5-6" in total height!
ecklers,corvette central,mid america sell them!
there is two nice great picture of one on page 361 of corvette americas catolgue at www.corvetteamerica.com

any ideas guys?
thanks
glen
sxyvet
Australia

No spoilers on C4's make's them look cheap!!

Two young things could be looking at your car at the same time.

One thinks "tacky".
The other thinks "cool".
Frown at one.
At the other one, drool.

The only spoiler that I would even contemplate putting on my car would be Rear Deck Spoiler (ducktail)...not a "wing"
9019_1.jpg

I have seen one similar on a C4 once...but this C5 picture is the closest I could find for now.

The other part of favoring this design over the "wing" is historically...the late C3 vettes had this type of spoiler. Early C3, the back (all as one piece) had a slight "spoiler-like lift".

Just my $.02....
Wing = out
deck spoiler = 50/50

If you're gonna do it...

go big man, go big.

1969-dodge-daytona.jpg

SPOILER

sxyvet said:
hi there all,
just wandering what every one thinks about rear fibreglass mount spoilers to suit c4 corvette?

do you think they make the car look better or worse?

it does depend on the shape and style i guess though as well doesnt it!
i was looking at the wrap around rear spoiler with the two pedelstone feet on the base and has concouve top!
similar to the green wood brand or know as the street style wing!
sits up about 5-6" in total height!
ecklers,corvette central,mid america sell them!
there is two nice great picture of one on page 361 of corvette americas catolgue at www.corvetteamerica.com

any ideas guys?
thanks
glen
sxyvet
Australia

NO WAY ON A C4 , MAKES THEM LOOK CHEAP LIKE A FORIEGN MODEL, BESIDES THE LINES ON A C4 ARE JUST FINE, I KNOW I HAD 2 C4'S

SPOILER

stearnman said:
The only spoiler that I would even contemplate putting on my car would be Rear Deck Spoiler (ducktail)...not a "wing"
9019_1.jpg

I have seen one similar on a C4 once...but this C5 picture is the closest I could find for now.

The other part of favoring this design over the "wing" is historically...the late C3 vettes had this type of spoiler. Early C3, the back (all as one piece) had a slight "spoiler-like lift".

Just my $.02....
Wing = out
deck spoiler = 50/50

This looks fine , because it is molded in, ( LOOKS LIKE ) all others that have i seen look very cheap looking on a C4 , makes the car Tacky!!!

If mine didn't already come with a rear spoiler, I would have installed one myself. I think the rear ends are just too plain looking on a C-4.

Not for me...I love the original look....no Pimpin...no Foose makeovers....keep the tradition..keep the original look...

I'm not really into the aggressive rear wings. It's hit or miss....as long as you like it. Some of thosecheap aftermarket body kits really do an injustice to the Corvette.....so make sure you go with a good quality wing......

I haven't seen a spoiler yet I'd want installed on my Vette. However, if YOU want one, go for it.
:w

wildbill486 said:
If you're gonna do it...

go big man, go big.

1969-dodge-daytona.jpg

I had a similar vintage Roadrunner. I had the short wing rather than the tall. The tall wing does announce that you have a mullet without anyone having to get a visual however.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom