Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"opinions please"do c4 corvettes look good with rear mount spoilers"?

my bevy of garage queens includes a 1984 pontiac trans-am with the factory 'aero' package...if i add 'ground effects' and a rear wing to my c4, it will look just like the t-a....also couldn't drill holes on the top of the rear end--need to get a 'butchers license' to do that

I'll cast another, IMO...no

Some like bigger rims, some like different headlight, some like window tint, some like to eliminate the spare tire, some even take the passenger seat off. So, if you like a spoiler, ground effects or the "prowler" go for it. As long you don't ask me for the money :D

DanC said:
jtas60.jpg
Good Looking Ruby!

6Shooter,
Thanks for the compliment. Boy, do I miss it; winter s__ks.

I'll go along with everyone else and say it's your car, you should have it how you like it despite what anyone else thinks. It's my opinion, however, that spoilers are non-functional and goofy-looking, and I would never put one on my car.

Personally, I don't like 'em at all. But as others said, different people like different things. That's what makes the world go round.

what for?

Once you bolt it on then you are into rear deck repair/replacement issues if you want it removed one day. It probably lowers the cars resale and I'm not crazy about the look myself. And it appears you are somewhat hesitiant about getting one anyways, so I would pass as once it is on I bet you will spend half your time second guessing it.......

I'm like a lot of others here, it's not my cup of tea....but if that's what you want/like, do it, it's your car. Now as far as the "ricer look" I don't necessarily think it is "ricer". As a family car I had 92 and 96 Pontiac Bonnevilles SSEi's those years of Bonne's looked like C*#p without them (JMO). But on my Vette I just don't think that it needs one.

A spoiler is one of those many, MANY items that were put on cars for their function, not for their looks. Due to the function of a spoiler being found on race cars, many think that they look COOL on a street car. IMHO, they look HORRIBLE on ANY car. If they are actually functional and you need that functionality, THEN you say the devil with how it looks and use it.

Good luck and have a great day,

Since yer asking for honest opinions, one more vote against.

But, for some strange reason I really like DanC's. Must be that it was a fairly common look on some mid-90's cars (like Stealths) and to my eyes it somehow fits (unlike the Greenwoods which I agree work much better on the pre-91 rear-ends). Also, because it's very easily removeable he'll get market value for his Ruby when/if he decides to sell it.

JMHO

I had a Greenwood spoiler on my 93 and really liked it. I felt it added a "rounded" line on a somewhat "boxy" rear end.

outwest said:
I had a Greenwood spoiler on my 93 and really liked it. I felt it added a "rounded" line on a somewhat "boxy" rear end.

i do agree with you outwest, the green wood and similar look a likes that ecklers,corvette central sell which they call street style do suit the car with its rounded side edges, its curved/concave top as well!
doesnt sit to high either!
the only problem is having to drill the rear bumper to fit it on which is a bit of a bummer!
they do look nice on them as the vette does have a boxy type of rear end as you stated!
thanks for your comments guys!
cheers
glen
sxyvet
Australia

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom