Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"opinions please"do c4 corvettes look good with rear mount spoilers"?

Drjohn said:
I had a similar vintage Roadrunner. I had the short wing rather than the tall. The tall wing does announce that you have a mullet without anyone having to get a visual however.

:L;LOL:rotfl

Just don't like wing's !!!!!!!!!!

I just like the look of 100% stock vehicles. I don't need anything more.

"opinions please"do c4 corvettes look good with rear mount spoilers"?

Not in my opinion. I don't mind the Greenwood spoiler so much if the rest of the kit is installed, but if not, then they look goofy too.

;) You know they had a tech at the Bowling Green Plant about 15 years ago. He came up with the Idea of some type of Airplane Wing for the Vette. He had it all drawn out in the Design Room. He never showed back up for work the next morning and they never heard from him again. All that work he did planning , done for nothing. Last I heard they filed his work away and even it came up missing.....oh well , Designers come and go like that....

Rear Wing

Ya know....its always your right to do with your car as you please. The "wing" or "spoiler" on my car was put on at the dealer when it was new. I ma the third owner of the car (documented) and I have as of yet to figure out who made it or see another like it. Some people have suggested it was a Greenwood, but they have nothing in their design scheme that comes close to it. Not nowadays anyway; they may have back in '88 but noone knows for sure.

I happen to like mine, and have seen a few I liked as well. Then again, I have seen some I didnt like too. So, its all a matter of opinion and on your car, its YOUR opinion that counts!

Do what you want....

Randys88Vette said:
Ya know....
I happen to like mine, and have seen a few I liked as well. Then again, I have seen some I didnt like too. So, its all a matter of opinion and on your car, its YOUR opinion that counts!

Do what you want....

:m Well said.

Its your car, and like with Harleys, do what the heck you want to do with your car. and be proud of it.

This is what I have on mine

I like it

A friend of mine with a '96 LT4 Collector Edition like mine just had a low-profile wing installed and I think it looks great!

Barbie

Im1ru2 said:
No, NO and No! I like mine just the way it is.

Jamm'in Jeff

Hey Jeff. I wouldn't put a wing on mine either, but I do like my friend's. It's very subtle and tasteful, IMHO.

:) Barbie

Wings

On a '96 looks ok, I think the earlier C4's look bad with wings- The edges on the rears are more rounded on the later C4's so some wings look fine.

:lou Jamm'in Jeff :w

Since everyone else is adding in their two cents (or is it more now with inflation? lol)....

Personally I like smaller wings on the C-4's such as the one on Randys in this thread, or you can see mine back in the new member section... here ....if I did that correctly...if not you'll have to go look up that thread to see a pic of it.

I totally agree with Randy too though, that it's your car and your taste...you're the one paying for it and driving it, if you find a wing you like, go with it, if you don't like it, then leave it off. Do what makes you happy, not what someone else wants.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom