Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Orange Peel

A phone call wouldn't do it for me. I would have to see it in person to make the decision. :w

I have decided to let GM buy back the car and start over, which sucks because I am the only one losing here. Perhaps some consideration will be given on purchasing a different car :ugh

It would be difficult to turn in an exceptional car like the C7 (except for the paint), but you will be thanking yourself for doing it years down the road. I am sure GM will get the paint figured out soon, let's hope you don't have to wait too long. :)

Last edited:
I'm no good with a camera so I had a friend of mine shoot some pic's of my car. Keep in mind, these are straight from the camera and have not been doctored in any way. It's pretty sad that GM is calling this the new standard "Paint Texture" :L

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

If these were blow up to actual size, they would look a lot better, really :ugh

10.jpg9.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg17.jpg

The response that it is normal paint texture is stupid and bogus - even for a zone weenie. A paint job should not have texture - OF ANY KIND OR DESCRIPTION. The fact that he admited to texture kills their claim of a quality paint job, or even adequate paint job. Neither my Volt one my Equinox has even nominal "texture." The bottom line is that that Vette has a terrible paint job. Earl Sheib must be rolling in his grave. ;)

Last edited:
I can see why you weren't happy......that's just ridiculous. :ugh

Do you think that the one they used to unveil the new Corvette looked like that? Maybe they should have used your car to show what the paint jobs were really going to look like.

Ya....dat iss not goood.......send it back........kinda making me hungry for an orange though.........:D

I get 100 X slicker paint in my barn!!~!!:thumb

:D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I get 100 X slicker paint in my barn!!~!!:thumb

:D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hell yeah!

Looks like even 10 year old Krylon (gloss black of course) works better than Bowling Greens best effort........:L

Last edited:
Quote "If you like your paint job, you can keep your paint job". :w

I can see why you weren't happy....that's just ridiculous.
Amen, and enough to keep me from any further consideration of a new Vette. I was getting the fever.

I went by my local dealer yesterday and they had 5 C7 Corvettes on the floor - black, red, grey, grey and green.
To my surprise all the paint jobs looked very nice. :w

Got my official offer from GM for the repurchase of my car and they are off a couple grand. Seems they expect me to take a hit on the car. The dealer is going to bat for me and is working with GM to take care of the situation.

The one thing they will not do is help me in getting another car. I had asked them to assist my dealer by building me a car without hurting his allocation and consideration in order placement and pricing. They said SORRY!

Thanks GM for your wonderful customer service. :eyerole

Last edited:
They need to take yours back 100% and then bust thier asses getting you a new one that is just right..........light em up if you have to........tell them you want to talk to Tadge.....he will fix it for you. I bet his Dad's new C7 had nice paint......like my daddy always used to say you gotta go to the top to get anything done. Tell the people you are working with you want to talk to their boss and then his or her boss on up till you get someone who can get it done....not a lot of folks want to get their boss involved and risk getting their ass chewed.......

They need to take yours back 100% and then bust thier asses getting you a new one that is just right..........light em up if you have to........tell them you want to talk to Tadge.....he will fix it for you. I bet his Dad's new C7 had nice paint......like my daddy always used to say you gotta go to the top to get anything done. Tell the people you are working with you want to talk to their boss and then his or her boss on up till you get someone who can get it done....not a lot of folks want to get their boss involved and risk getting their ass chewed.......

At this point, just give me my money back............ I'm not so sure I even want to buy another car from GM :w Bye, Bye

Why don't you pick up a nice newer C6 Z06 or a Grand Sport.....they're lots of fun....Glad you finally got that all put to rest. I'm sure in the near future if not already they have worked out the kinks in the paint system and the quality will be where it should have been from the beginning. Start ups on anything is not often pretty.......

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom