Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Original Bose Cd

WantaVette

Corvette
Torch Red LT4 Coupe
My 96 Lt4 has the Delco Bose Gold system but only has the cassette player. I would like to have the Bose Cd player from 96, no aftermarket units. Trouble is, I cant seem to find them on midamerica or Ecklers. Any suggestions?

Ebay...

Also...
You could add a cd changer and put it in the storage area w/ a handheld up front. That would be inexpensive and would keep it more or less original.

That's how my car was setup until I went aftermarket. You just can't beat the sound of "new" technology.:)

JEFNLSA said:
Ebay...

Also...
You could add a cd changer and put it in the storage area w/ a handheld up front. That would be inexpensive and would keep it more or less original.

That's how my car was setup until I went aftermarket. You just can't beat the sound of "new" technology.:)

Which system did you go with? Would it be too much trouble for you to post some pics of the set up? It would help a lot, because I'm considering a change for my system.

ohsobad said:
Which system did you go with? Would it be too much trouble for you to post some pics of the set up? It would help a lot, because I'm considering a change for my system.

Not trying to hijack thread:)

I should have some pics up this weekend. I went w/ a Pioneer DEH7600 head unit. Most importantly...I got the mounting kit from Speciality Autosound in Tempe, AZ ($13). The kit is all metal (I originally had the plastic one w/ the little cubby hole for storage underneath but returned it right before the install cuz this one is 10x better).

Bought a cool looking little black switch at Radio Shack for $3 and had them mount the switch right below the deck on the faceplate (for the electric antenna....so I can control it manually). Looks Good and I love the fact that the antenna is down unless I want it up. If you're playing a cd you don't need the antenna....that's something I didn't like about the stock system.

BTW... If you are installing an aftermarket deck you MUST install 2 resistors ( see my SYS thread) or the SYS light will flash. Unfortunately I learned that after the fact. Having problem corrected tomorrrow.

You also have to run all the wires up front (no biggee) cuz the brain box and all the wiring to the orig system is in the storage area. Send me a PM if you have any more questions....

You can try Norman Deaton at Deaton Auto Sales. He only deals in Corvettes, both old and new. He has an extensive inventory of parts he has taken from parts cars. I have personally bought 3 Vetts from him and will continue buy from him. If you would like you can tell him Brett Thompson told you about him.

Norman Deaton
(864) 576-7109
Roebuck SC

Brett

The BOSE system was not designed to accept an aftermarket changer, You will hear the "whisper" of the CD spinning over the system. You can purchase the stock Bose player on ebay like one suggestion said. It is a direct plug in and will cause no code problems. This is the simple solution.

Ken Anderson said:
The BOSE system was not designed to accept an aftermarket changer, You will hear the "whisper" of the CD spinning over the system.

Mine was the base Delco. No probs w/ cd changer.

I found my Bose Gold CD unit at a GM/Chevy recycling place in town. Check out the yellow pages in your phone book for recycling (salvage) places.

Ken Anderson said:
The BOSE system was not designed to accept an aftermarket changer, You will hear the "whisper" of the CD spinning over the system. You can purchase the stock Bose player on ebay like one suggestion said. It is a direct plug in and will cause no code problems. This is the simple solution.

Have a Bose in my Toro and added a Sony aftermarket CD changer. No problems here!

MyOtherCar said:
Have a Bose in my Toro and added a Sony aftermarket CD changer. No problems here!
Isn't a Toro a lawn mower-what's that got to do with a Corvette? Besides, how can you hear a radio while mowing?
The Corvette Bose 90-96 system is NOT compatible with a CD changer, either the Delco or any aftermarket unit.

I'm betting a Tornado ,,, lovingly called a Toro. ;)

:w

Ken Anderson said:
Isn't a Toro a lawn mower-what's that got to do with a Corvette? Besides, how can you hear a radio while mowing?
The Corvette Bose 90-96 system is NOT compatible with a CD changer, either the Delco or any aftermarket unit.

Gee, I apologize for not spelling out fully that my Toro (lovingly called, Thankx G Winter) is actually an Olds Toronado. And it has to do with this forum because not only do I have a Corvette, but it also has the Bose stereo with an aftermarket CD changer, which is what the thread was all about. Sorry, should have clarified much better.:L

SPANISHVETTS....

Just had similar setup installed in mine w/ antenna switch. Love it!
Took some pics this weekend...will post.
Gotta love the switch.
90% of the time I'm listening to cd's...so the antenna does not need to be up.

Ken Anderson said:
Why would that be true of the changers that transmit an FM signal, received by the FM section of the radio?

I would bet that JefNlsa's car is rather rare, with the non-Bose unit. It might be worth some extra bucks, therefore, someday, if stock. Meanwhile, it looks b**chin'.

WhalePirot said:
Why would that be true of the changers that transmit an FM signal, received by the FM section of the radio?

I would bet that JefNlsa's car is rather rare, with the non-Bose unit. It might be worth some extra bucks, therefore, someday, if stock. Maenwhile, it looks b**chin'.

I'm not so sure how rare it is but it is definitely a non-Bose Delco. It now lives in a box in the garage w/ the other OEM equipment I seem to keep taking off.:)
BTW...Thx for the comment on the car.

:w

or call: 1-800-367-8388****215-788-8693
Contemporary Corvette in Bristol, PA runs an ad in most Vette mags listing: 90-up Bose Radios w/ CD....CALL
Good Luck! :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom