Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Original Car Alarm

What have you done with your car alarm?

• Repaired original stock alarm

Votes: 36 27.5%
  • Left the alarm as is - non-functioning

Votes: 71 54.2%
  • Installed new alarm system

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Alarm? What alarm?

Votes: 16 12.2%

• Total voters
On a 1982 is that the alarm horn located on the driver side under the break master cylinder? It has a little key in the top of it, that the only thing i can figure that it is.

... Mine sets in the garage also I just like to have everything in working order.
Ditto here, when I was driving the car regular I had an aftermarket one installed but now that it's to be just a now-and-again )that's if I ever get the brakes finished) I took out the aftermarket and spent the time to get the original working again
Mooser

My alarm works really well and I can eaisly move him from car to car. Works as my home system too...:D

DSC02361.jpg

I only realized I had a factory alarm on my 82 after I locked the doors last week, tried to shut one, it didn't make it all the way, went to push it that one little click & the horn sounded off.

Since I don't have manuals yet, how do I disconnect it?

Oh, I do plan on a new updated responder type alarm so I know if it's being tampered with in the parking lot at work, or where I take it next summer.

I think they're very annoying. I never once ran to see if a car was really being broken into or stolen. They drive me crazy.

My alarm works really well and I can eaisly move him from car to car. Works as my home system too...:D

View attachment 1573

Love it! My truck was parked in a dark lot one night and broken into but they didn't steal anything. Just woke my 80 lb black lab who apparantly didn't appreciate it. I followed the pee stain but it stopped a few yards away...

No alarm attached to the car, but I do have a theft deterrent device.,

DSC05967_280141728_std.jpg

Love it! My truck was parked in a dark lot one night and broken into but they didn't steal anything. Just woke my 80 lb black lab who apparantly didn't appreciate it. I followed the pee stain but it stopped a few yards away...

I know what you mean, Zildjian is a great deturant, he can be very intimidating (he's at 105lbs. I don't think there's an ounce of fat on this dog, I work him regularly), especially if someone isn't expecting to see him! Lately he's taken to getting into the passenger seat anytime I open the drivers door, I think he's trying to tell me something!!!

After reading all the posts about alarm circuits I just had to reply.

I went with the kill switch method with a little twist.

Under the dash where you can feel them and not see them I wired 13 single pole double throw toggle switches.

If they are not operated in the proper sequence the car will not start,and also the brakes will not release.

To make it a little harder I installed a 15 minute timer,so you have to wait everytime you want to try a new sequence

So far I've had a lot of luck with it..

Anti theft problems

How do I test the anti theft switches for the doors and the hood?

Greg

How do I test the anti theft switches for the doors and the hood?

Greg
What year is your vette???

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom