Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Our stupid HORNS!

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
I don't know about you guys but my horn sounds like it belongs ona YUGO!

I mean for THREE horns what a POS.

But good news is...

I got a Caddy in the shop today for more than enough in problems but for some reason I hit the horn....YA!!

That thing sounds AWSOME

Loud yet suttle, Masculine yet not Semi truck....IM GETTIN a pair!

Anyone share my view on our "Feminine" horns?

Three horns? Mine's only got two...

Things to remember - as disc-style horns age, they corrode and the vibrating surfaces get muffled, which changes the sound. Also, a bad ground will make the horn sound like a sick cow (and with - at least - two horns, the good one will keep you from realizing the other is bad).

Two aftermarket horns that I use and like - Hella SuperTones (two large metal RED horns; don't need a separate relay but comes with one so you can use it if desired) and Fiamms (forget which model, but they look like snail shells instead of discs and are also red, but plastic). The Fiamms are about $30/pr, the Hellas maybe twice that.

The cool thing about the Hellas is that they're designed to p-r-o-j-e-c-t their sound. From near the car, they don't sound so loud. But move a couple carlengths out from the front, and they're VERY loud.

[RICHR]

Most horns in today's cars are much softer and quieter that ones from the late 60's-early 70's. Probably some stupid regulation that requires it..

Caddy horns should bolt right in. A trip to a junkyard should be all you need for a pair of Caddy horns that will scare the bejeezus out of the lady in the SUV ahead of doing 20 under while she's talking on the cellphone and putting on makeup and trying to drink her latte. :D

Hehehe thats the idea scare em outta the way Lol.

Ya Rrubel mine actually has 3 horns. My alarm was on the fritz and I had to disconnect the horns in the parking lot (Coulding figure out the alarm problem) Disconnected one still honkin, disconnected two still honking WTH!! and number three in front of the rad bang got it Heh.

One under each headlight and one in front of the rad. I'll read up on those Hellas/Fiamms and see if I can get the regular discount on them.

I bought my last set of Hellas at a discount from Sesquehanna Motorsports (www.rallylights.com). Came with better directions for the relays than the factory supplied, as well. Good source for lights, too.
[RICHR]

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom