Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Outer and Inner Window Seals

racsluos

Corvette
1987 Gold Coupe
Hey all,

I just replaced the window seals on the passenger side of my '87 coupe. Thought I'd share some info on the install...

Excellent instructions for the outside seal can be found at
this Corvette Magazine article

However, I bought a GM inner window seal, and there were neither instructions nor fasteners, just a seal.

The old seal was stapled in with some very heavy-duty staples, which were not terribly fun to remove. I bought the best staple gun I could find to staple the new one in, but this did not work as I could not penetrate the seal with a staple for the life of me.

After some digging around I ran across someone's recommendation to just rivet it on in a similar fashion to the outside seal. I did this by drilling five 5/32" holes through both the seal and door plastic, which I lined up extremely carefully . . . after that it was a simple 5-rivet job which feels very solid.

cheers

The kit I bought had the staples included and said to use the existing holes and drill new ones in the seal.

Was pretty easy really, getting the old staples out was a real treat @#&%

The kit I bought had the staples included and said to use the existing holes and drill new ones in the seal.

Was pretty easy really, getting the old staples out was a real treat @#&%

Yep, the old ones were pretty rough!
Did you just have to drill really small holes and match them to the existing ones?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom