Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

P0172 code on 2003 Z06

B

Bradleywrench13

;help Hey Guys,

It's been awhile. I have had the "CHECK ENGINE" light come on 2 times on my Z in the last 2 weeks. The first time it went off before I could check for codes. It went on today and I came home and by using my SuperChips Max Tuner for my Envoy I was able to pull the P0172 code and cleared it. I then came on here and did a search which told me that it was a "Fuel trim system rich bank 1. I also learned how to access the diagnostics. I went back and ran the diagnostics on the DTC and the code did not come up even as a historic code. I looked at another website, and they had a bunch of diagnostics to try, but I do not have a Scan Tool. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this??? The other website mentioned the PCV System and spark plugs this car only has 17000 miles on it, I can't see any of that being the problem. As usual I appreciate any and all assistance, and God Bless and Keep you all.
Steve

HI there,
Fuel contamination, MAF sensor faults, a slow reacting o2 sensor on the drivers side, leaking fuel injectors can ALL cause a problem.
First thing I would do is change where you purchase your fuel and then add a 20 oz bottle of Techron to the tank.
This code takes a while to set, that is why you didnt see it when you rechecked your codes.
Sparkplugs, NO
PCV, possible, but not probable.
Allthebest,:bash

HI there,
Fuel contamination, MAF sensor faults, a slow reacting o2 sensor on the drivers side, leaking fuel injectors can ALL cause a problem.
First thing I would do is change where you purchase your fuel and then add a 20 oz bottle of Techron to the tank.
This code takes a while to set, that is why you didnt see it when you rechecked your codes.
Sparkplugs, NO
PCV, possible, but not probable.
Allthebest,:bash
Thanks c4c5, I will try those things, especially the gas. I have been buying gas through the Post Exchange, but maybe there is a reason they are the cheapest????? God Bless,
Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom