Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Paint chip tip!

B

BubbleHead

I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but have seen the Vette of the guy who told me about it.

I picked up some Zaino at an event and they showed me how to do the Clay Bar. After talking to them, one of the guys told me how to take care of the paint chips without going to a body shop.

He said to get a marker in the same color as my car. I can use the marker to "color" in the paint chips before I Zaino my Vette. I asked if he was serious and if it really worked. He said "Yeah, I do it to my Vette." His paint looked perfect.

So, if it EVER STOPS RAINING, I am going to try it out. It can't hurt.

Anyone else try this? I'll report my results when I'm finished.

Personally, I don't agree with this. I have a few chips on the front of my hood that are white....which means, it also chipped the gel coat that lies under the paint. If you run your hand over it, or look at it from an angle, you can easily see it. Sure, using a magic marker may make it less obvious, but they will still be there, and will be visible at an angle and upon touch. Just my opinion....

Old Show Experience shared

BubbleHead,

Yep it will HIDE the road chips, it doesn't fix them.. The chip is still there just not very noticable. Magic Markers are just one of many show secrets.. Nice that you found someone to share some with you.

BudD
:w

I never meant to imply that it fixes the chips. Only painting the car or using touch up paint will fill them in.

Oh I know. I guess I was coming from the perspective of I'd rather have them properly fixed. The more I've thought about it, the magic marker is a good temporary, quick and easy fix....just not a replacement for paint. :D :D

FILL IN THE CHIP WITH PAINT USE ONLY ENOUGH TO COLOR THE BLEMISH,THEN APPLY CLEAR TO BUILD UP TO THE SURFACE WAIT FOR PAINT TO DRY BEFOR APPLYING CLEAR BUILD IT UP SLOW.DONT USE A BRUSH I USED A TOOTHPICK TAKES TIME BUT WELL WORTH IT. :beer HAVE A BEER AND WATH THE PAINT DRY

Hi 95 pace welcome to CACC. Wow I miss Wisconsin I think it maybe the most beautiful state I have been through and I have been through them all but Hawaii and I'm going there if our dollar ever gets worth more than 63cents. Well Alaska is not to bad in the summer. But Wisconsin is the best good fishing and hunting too.
:W:

WISCONSIN IS NOT TOO BAD THIS YEAR IF YOU LIKE TEMPS IN THE 40TS AND RAIN WELL THE ICE IS OFF THE LAKE ILL HAVE TO GO FISHEN FOR BOTTLE BASS.:W: :beer

billagroom said:
I miss Wisconsin I think it maybe the most beautiful state I have been through...

I miss the "cheese curds"! :L

Ya the cheese curds are good but the Hunting and Fishing for Wisconsin Farm girls is better.:J :J :J :J :J :J

Bottle Bass

95PACE said:
FISHEN FOR BOTTLE BASS.

Now that sounds like my kind of Fishin' :beer :L :L :drink

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom