Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Painting a 74 corvette

RickT

Ok here's where I am at. My car is the orig. 74 brown color. I really don't care for the color. I know if you were restoring to original stock condition you would want to re-paint the same color. If I do a color change how bad will that effect the resale value of the car in the future. I am not refurbishing this car just to resell but you never know what the future holds.
So should I repaint with a color I really like or go back original?

Also,kinda the same for the engine. The engines has been rebuilt to stock and has approx. 8,000 miles on it. If I put after market cam,lifters and headers in there will that pull the value down?

Rick

50/50. Your new paint and engine modifications items would turn off some potential buyers and wouldn't make any real difference to others.

It's your car, do what you want.

:)

I had mine (sons now ) painted back to original 74 corvette orange. Dave
DAVESBIRTHDAY9-02-07.jpg

Nice!
I think I will be doing a complete color change.
Now,what colors go good with the new medium saddle interior I am installing?
Red? Blue? Green? Black? Anything but Brown!!!

I am not refurbishing this car just to resell but you never know what the future holds.

It's your car, do what you want.
Exactly! When it comes to the 'value' of the car, you need to ask yourself, "Is it going to be more valuable to me?" Let that determine the choices that you make for your car. :upthumbs

As to what colors go best with saddle tan interior? I'd say almost any contrasting color, which leaves you pretty open. I might avoid yellows, white, browwwwn...
I always liked the dark greens with the tan interiors.

For most C-3s a color change shouldn't make much difference in the value; so make it the way you want. My '78 was that dark brown with Doe Skin int. When I finihed the body work on her it was time for paint. I did not like the brown so I look for a new color. I finally decided on '78 Corvette Yellow. I really like the way it came out.

So, as said here before DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY !!!!!!

Gary
Save the Wave

I had mine (sons now ) painted back to original 74 corvette orange. Dave
DAVESBIRTHDAY9-02-07.jpg

Dave, beautiful car!! We had a '74 roadster that was Corvette Orange with tan interior and a white top. With the exception of your interior, this looks so much like ours ... long gone now. :cry

Elaine

My 78 is Autumn Mahogany with Lt Doeskin interior and 62,000 1 owner miles!! When it's clean it's Beutamus, I ordered it New that way and it's 95% Original paint in Great Condition!!:thumb:thumb:thumb
I'm liven with it another 31 years "Maybe",or the Grand Kids can fight over it!! :D:D:D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:thumb :beer

I've got my '75, White exterior w/ saddoe interior and the '96 is Metallic green w/ saddle interior. Both look good, but I must say the green is a real eye-catcher.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom