Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Parking Brake Actuating Lever

Vette79

Corvette
1979 L-48 Black Coupe
Any way to remove the actuating lever (L-Shaped bracket) that the parking brake lanyard attaches to without removing the spindle? This actuating lever is rusted and binding. Trying to Use PB Blaster to free it up. I do have new SS new ones to replace them.

I replaced the calipers on my 79. I remember I had to remove rotor to get into the hand brake pads. my hand brake was rusted and would not release. I drilled out the rivets that hold the roter on the spindel. You can get replacement hand brake parts from Vet Brake Parts, or Mid America.

I replaced the calipers on my 79. I remember I had to remove rotor to get into the hand brake pads. my hand brake was rusted and would not release. I drilled out the rivets that hold the roter on the spindel. You can get replacement hand brake parts from Vet Brake Parts, or Mid America.

No disrespect but I know that. At the time, I had everything already removed except for this actuating lever which is attached to the parking brake lanyard which in turn when pulled works the parking brake shoes. The actuating lever has since then been removed as it can be separated by removing a pin and c-clamp. Parts were already order prior to encountering issues with the actuating lever. As I said, everything now is removed and I'm waiting on SS parts and a good day to do it. It's been quite a project but it's all mechanical which I think is easy......:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom