Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Passanger Side HVAC Malfunctioning

Encrypted01

Corvette
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Convertible
I have a 2001 Convertible and regardless of what the air is set at, the passenger side vents blow hot air. I've run the code diagnostics and I have no current or history codes that might suggest there is a problem. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might fix this? I'd sure hate to take it to the dealership for this. By the way, the drivers side is perfect (blows both hot and frigid cold). I suppose I could be less concerned with the passenger but seriously, I'd prefer they enjoy the experience too without suffering from hyperthermia. :mad

Wish I could help you. Hang tight someone will be by with some suggestions.

Here are a couple links for you.
This is a common problem on the Avalanches.
My Avalanche does it once in a while. I just turn off the truck, restart it and it works fine. Some others are not so lucky.

Read through all the posts as some guys just replied they took it to the dealer. There are a couple parts to check and I know some guys just cleaned up the actuators and it worked fine.

AC blows hot one side
AC Blow hot on Passenger side only

I hope this helps.

It sounds as though you have a cracked actuator gear in the dash.

Here's my thread from 07 when I had the exact same issue. There's a photo of the actuator on page 2 of that thread (sorry it's fuzzy, I couldn't get a good clear shot of it at the time). What clouded the issue was we had just replaced my head unit and we were afraid we'd gotten a bad part. This turned out to be not the case at all, so maybe that will save you some time and expense.

AC blowing COLD AND HOT...

Let us know how it turns out.

:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom