Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

passive key system

Man...

So apparently when the heated mirror fuse is blown the starter becomes disabled. So it's running again. :) I have always enjoyed the unique personality that vettes have. It's one of those love/hate things. And for future reference if anyone didn't know this you can borrow odb scanners from pepboys or schucks and probably the other major auto part stores. They let me borrow it for free, just had to give them my driver license for collateral.
I have a new fob on order and will try reactivating the pke/programming it once again when it arrives.

31, glad to hear you have it resolved! I will be willing to bet the new FOB fixes it.

Did you get any codes with the scanner?

Oh yeah

Forgot to mention that, there were no codes.

Well, if you have no bad fuses, I'd say a bad FOB.

Good luck. :thumb

Paul

yurp

Yeah after the blown heated mirror fuse depocle I pulled every single fuse, looked at and tested each one. Still waiting for the new fob to come in so guess i'll find out if the pke works or not then.

Yeah after the blown heated mirror fuse depocle I pulled every single fuse, looked at and tested each one. Still waiting for the new fob to come in so guess i'll find out if the pke works or not then.

Hope it's the FOB for an easy fix.
:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom