Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Passive Keyless Entry problem

pke problems

hey paul,
again thanks for help so far. I bought a new battery yesterday so today I'll try your suggestions. I do have the manuals for this car and i have a scan tool I can plug in to get any codes. so I think i'll pull fuse reset system then reprogram fob and then check for codes. Let me ask you by standing next to drivers door and pressing both buttons on fob what does that do? well its early and going out to shop to mess w/vette I'll write later with results plus I got a big job jar since mother in law moved next door . I have to put a few hours in on master bath remodel. I found out one think, since I retired some years ago there is NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN A DAY!
anyway have a good day talk to ya later.
tony

Tell me about it. Since I retired I have MORE stuff to do than ever before!

I am not really sure how or even why it works when you press both buttons at the door at the same time but I was told this by a dealer.

So when I bought my new FOB I did just that and it worked the first time WITHOUT having to program it with the key in the ignition and pressing the door button! Just try it and see if it works, I am curious.

I'm just curious about any codes because the CCM will pick them up.

Paul

pke problems

Hey Paul, sorry it took so long to get back to ya but had to go to chicago but idid press both buttons and don,t know if it worked or not. The Pke still acts the same. while in chicago i had to remove fob from key ring due to the fact that when i tried to lock doors w/ fob only passenger door locks. so i lock drivers with key and as i turn to walk away fob would unlock door. I know that by using the key it shuts off system or something like that. i'll have to read manual. Part of the problem is with the door locks. even when I use interior button to lock doors it takes several press's of button to get door lock slides to fully lock. sometimes they work at first try but mainly they are hard to lock. I have had door panels off and locks seem to work fine no restrictions but as soonas i put panels back on the rods seem to bind. apond inspection it seems to me there is no hang up but there must be because the locks are so to shut. now i know why i gave up on getting fob to work last year. Hopefully today I'll get to check for codes but where is plug in for scan tool. Maybe it would be better to converse over e-mails mind is tony9514@centurytel.net
anyway thanks for your help so far. tony

PKE question

Hi Paul
I have just bought a 1996 Collection LT-4. I have the PKE system. It works great, but I have a question. I want to buy another PKE from the dealer, will there be a problem with using the second one for my wife, and will I have to program it. I am from the old school so I hope I don't have to. Thanks Larry McIntosh

No problem, all you have to do is follow the programming instructions in your owner's manual and you're good to go.

Lemme know.

Paul

PS If you need help doing it lemme know and I will help you out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom