Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

passive keyless entry weirdness

M

mcjim

I sat on my fob/transmitter (on the drivers seat)and it cycled the pke to off.I couldn't get it to go back on.We went for a drive ,and suddenly the pke light in the dash starts going off like a pinball machine and the locks are cycling.Now everything works.The next day I take off and make a 90 mile drive.I use the PKE several times at my destination.On my way back,I pull off the freeway, and as I'm going down the exit, the locks cycle,the hatch opens and the light stays on.I close the hatch and drive home with the light on and the PKE is not working.What gives?For what its worth, this is a 96 LT-4. Also, when the PKE isnt working, it won't open the hatch either.Thanks!

Sounds like the transmitter is screwed. Do you have more than one transmitter? Does it do the same thing with both transmitters? You may need to purchase a new one and they are not cheap. :(

Leon

I had the same thing happen but I don't have any transmitter and my pke is turned off. I was just buzzing down the freeway and all of the sudden my hatch pops open and all three locks are cycleing for about 15 seconds, pke light on. It stayed goofy all day poping the hatch several more times. I got home and parked it, but the next day it was fine and has given me no trouble since. I figure it was just some spurious radio signal that happened to match my pke frequency. The manual says the hatch should never open when you are driving, even when you push the button, but we don't believe that, right?

PKE doing crazy things?

I know this is a really old thread but I came across it and just had flap my gums. I too had a problem with my PKE doing all sorts of things on it's own (though never popping the hatch while driving) and thought I was going to have to buy a new remote. But all I had to do is reprogram the remote. (In your owners manual) People who do not understand the PKE system (car wash, vallet, etc.) tend to push buttons whenever they have a remote in their hand. We all know you need to do nothing. Reprogramming your remote just may do the trick.

1993 C4 Coupe with PKE

My PKE just stopped working. No lock/unlock as I approach the vehicle. Can't push open to make the door unlock/or lock, or open hatch. There is a slight clicking sound when pushing the unlock button

Tried the obvious, changed the battery. Nothing...What should I do next? Reading others with PKE problems seems to be reprograming the fob. Should I do that?

Chuck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom