Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

PCV help on 85 - part discontinued

OSU-VETTE

Corvette
1985 Z51, Black with Purple Accents
In my spring tune up I found my plugs were fairly fouled and the PCV had almost no wear in it. Concerned I took it to my trusted mechanic and he found there is neither positive or negative vacuum running through the PCV. We thought it might be the reason for the leaking valve cover gasket, but it was due to the previous owner using almost paper thin gaskets, problem solved.

Anyway, it appears the line has been spliced a few times from the metal, then fuel hose into the metal again, and the replacement line was discontinued a few years ago, only made for 85, possibly 84. Anyone have any ideas on how to replace the orifice in the line so the vacuum will work again? My mechanic is going nuts and has had the vehicle 2 weeks, so I want to do what I can to get the car out again since I fixed all the leaks! I may not be explaining this completely correctly, let me know if this makes sense and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

Jeff
:upthumbs

Hi, anyone have any thoughts, or is my description confusing? (Wouldn't surprise me). To clarify, it appears it is the crankcase tube from the pcv to the rest of the engine that has an orafice in it that has me stumped. The previous owner just put a piece of vacuum line in and by passed the system.

Ecklers, Corvette Central and everyone else do not have a part and I was told by Columbus Corvette this is a unique setup for an 85 and the part was discontinued 4 1/2 years ago. They have a solution but I need to bring it in and let them put it together. I am not there yet, hoping someone has seen or heard of such a problem and has a solution here.

Thanks again to everyone for their help and support

Jeff

I would try the Vette salvage yards ,Like Contemporary Corvette, Dino's, atrs Vette2Vette. Good luck, Jim.

Jim - thanks very much for the suggestion, we have been so fixated on the part, didn't think to try the salvage route, I will call them tomorrow. I will let everyone know what we find, my mechanic thinks he is having a pipe fabricated tomorrow that will fix the problem of no ventilation, if not, we go salvage!

It has been snowing like crazy around here anyway off and on, so I wouldn't be driving now, but by the weekend it will hit warm enough to take the top out, so it is time!

Jeff

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom