Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

[PHOTOS] 2020 C8 Corvette Mobile Tour - First Impressions

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Yesterday, the 2020 Corvette Mobile Tour came through New Hampshire and made a stop at MacMulkin Chevrolet of Nashua, NH

It was my first chance to see the 2020 C8 Corvette in person, and I cannot express how impressed I am with this all new Corvette. GM really pulled out all the stops with this one and over 2,300 people that came through the dealership to experience it, were blown away.

Full Story on the Corvette Action Center's Home Page >>>

Attachments

• 2020-c8-corvette-2.jpg
    2020-c8-corvette-2.jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 187
Given the seemingly lack of accessibility to the engine bay, it looks like anything beyond an oil change could rack up maintenance hours pretty quick!
In a mid engine setup, how exactly does one do any work on the top or sides of the engine? What’s this setup look like from the bottom-up? Can your average joe do their own oil change? Is the filter at least vertical for a somewhat mess-free change?

Given the seemingly lack of accessibility to the engine bay, it looks like anything beyond an oil change could rack up maintenance hours pretty quick!
In a mid engine setup, how exactly does one do any work on the top or sides of the engine? What’s this setup look like from the bottom-up? Can your average joe do their own oil change? Is the filter at least vertical for a somewhat mess-free change?

Exactly. Maybe GM threw in that trick pony in too, along with the base $60K price???

I wonder if they followed the path of the 458 Ferrari in service procedures. I was watching a show where they serviced a 458 and they had the engine ready to drop out of the bottom in 1/2 hour. In less than an hour it was on the service stand and it went back in just as fast. All they need is a 4 post lift from Chevy with a genuine Corvette accessory part number on the option list.

Tom

You would hope that GM did take notes, Tom. If not, then, the low cost (relatively) of the car could be eaten up pretty fast with maintenance costs.

Could not make it to NH as much as I wanted but the tour will make it south .

I've always done my own routine maintenance but this looks like a challenge for an old guy

Well I do have a couple of four post lifts, just in case. I am undecided as to whether I want to retire or buy a C8.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom