Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pics of CE with convertible hardtop installed

Paul G

Corvette
96 CE LT4 Convertible
Took some pics of the CE with the hardtop installed. It changes the entire look of the car. What do you think?

GS977 said:
:beer it looks very good with that painted hardtop!!!!!
i like it better then the soft top ;)
DITTO! :w

Jeb said:
Do they make a hardtop for an 87?

Yes they do make hard tops for our cars HARDTOP

Paul, your car looks awesome :_rock.

Just got back from a car show. I got many comments about the top like. You never see a hardtop, It looks great, the color is a little off, and I like it better with the black convertible top. Most people said they like the way it makes the car look completely different. I agree. I wanted to keep it on for this show. Tomarow it comes off and we go back to a convertible.

I always liked the way the c4 convertible looks with the hard top. I had a 1990 triple black with hardtop and got compliments on it all the time. And the cabin is so quiet and solid with the top installed.

Jeb, the hard top will fit your 87 but you need to buy a retrofit kit since the hardtop became an option starting in 89.

tyrel said:
And the cabin is so quiet and solid with the top installed.

I never realized how "loose" the car was till I drove it with the hardtop on. I have driven many Corvettes, all convertibles. With the top on the cowl shake was gone and the car was 10 times more solid feeling. But we couldnt take it any longer, the top is off and the wind is back in our hair.:_rock

So with the Hardtop on, you must loose storage space, because the Soft-top is still being stored as if you had the top down. Correct? You don't have an option to remove the Soft-top completely when you go to Hardtop do you? My next Vette is going to be a vert, that's why the inquiry. :Steer

tyrel said:
I always liked the way the c4 convertible looks with the hard top. I had a 1990 triple black with hardtop and got compliments on it all the time. And the cabin is so quiet and solid with the top installed.

Jeb, the hard top will fit your 87 but you need to buy a retrofit kit since the hardtop became an option starting in 89.
Where can one buy this retrofit kit to install a hardtop on a 86-88 vert?

I have a hard top for my 93 when I have it on my those who dont know any better ask me if it is a early Z06.:L The only problem I have with it is storing it. It was a $1900.00 option on the 1993:blue:

Ruby Fan said:
So with the Hardtop on, you must loose storage space, because the Soft-top is still being stored as if you had the top down. Correct? You don't have an option to remove the Soft-top completely when you go to Hardtop do you? My next Vette is going to be a vert, that's why the inquiry. :Steer

My 95 has the CC2 option and you are correct, when the hardtop is installed you have barely enough room for a case of beer. A case of Longnecks will only fit if you take them out of the box.
However, as others have stated the car looks so much different and the handling is improved to the point where its hard to believe that its the same car.

Mike

It really looks nice with the hard top on it. I saw a pic of a copper metallic verty with a matching hardtop. NICE! That is one accessory from GM that really enhances the look of the car!

aboatguy said:
My 95 has the CC2 option and you are correct, when the hardtop is installed you have barely enough room for a case of beer. A case of Longnecks will only fit if you take them out of the box.
However, as others have stated the car looks so much different and the handling is improved to the point where its hard to believe that its the same car.

Mike

Back in the day when they were new I had a friend with a 67 roadster with a hardtop. In the fall we pulled the convertible top and stored it and put the hardtop on until spring. As I remember it only a few bolt to get it off.

Would that be possible with with the new ones without a lot of adjustments? My '92 while not a daily driver is driven whenever there is no snow on the ground and it would be nice to have a hardtop in the winter.

For those of you that have them, can your raise the rear deck with the top attached for easier access to the storage compartment? We could on the '67.

The other advantage we had with the '67 was that it didn't require a roll bar to run it at the drags with the top on. Doubt if it would have made much difference, but it was vued as a coupe with the top on. Don't know if that still means anything.

Thanks..................

Looks great. Much better than the convertible top. Reminds me of how aggressive my '66 looked with its hardtop on.

Grizzly said:
Back in the day when they were new I had a friend with a 67 roadster with a hardtop. In the fall we pulled the convertible top and stored it and put the hardtop on until spring. As I remember it only a few bolt to get it off.

Would that be possible with with the new ones without a lot of adjustments? My '92 while not a daily driver is driven whenever there is no snow on the ground and it would be nice to have a hardtop in the winter.

For those of you that have them, can your raise the rear deck with the top attached for easier access to the storage compartment? We could on the '67.

The other advantage we had with the '67 was that it didn't require a roll bar to run it at the drags with the top on. Doubt if it would have made much difference, but it was vued as a coupe with the top on. Don't know if that still means anything.

Thanks..................

No, the top covers the deck lid. With the hard-top installed my Vert is a great high speed long distance vehicle: the downside no storage space.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom