Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pics

blackandredvette

Corvette
2002 Red/Red Coupe, 1981 Black/Red Coupe
I thought that I would post some pics of the work that I have been doing on my '81 vette.
IMG0264_200.jpg

IMG0263_199.jpg

IMG0267_203.jpg

I'm thinking.... sure looks familar ;)

Suggestion if you don't mind... disconnect the battery ;) with all them wires and the center gage cluster hanging out like that it wouldn't take much to get a spark & arc show going ;)

Did your battery compartment door close? The reason I ask is the battery connections are on top and in front, curious more than anything.

Looks like you got a great start on it, and photo documenting is great... wish I'd would have done it when I had Rare all tore apart..

Keep us posted with your progress, good luck and hang in there, It is all worth it ..... in the end ;)

Bud

I've got it put back together now, just waiting on the carpet now (I had to send it back). I should have disconnected the battery to be on the safe side but forunately I didn't do any damage to anything. I'll post some more pics as I get further along with it.
The battery compartment did close ok before but I haven't put the new compartment in yet so hopefully things will be ok.

Brad

WHAT???? No cold refreshing beverages while you are enjoying your toy??????
anyway nice pics It'll be worth it later on!!!!!!!!!!
:beer:beer:beer

Bin there Dun That. Looks likes it's coming along. All the work will be worth it when complete. Dave :w
74VETTEORANCE6-15INSIDE.jpg

ORANGEVETTE74INTERIORDONE7-14-07014.jpg

:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie

Thnx. Gettin real close to being DUN. Last of the rubbing out and maybe some wax today. Then a little trim work on the carpet, and install new sill plates. yeehaw. Dave :w
VETTES2CARS7-1-07GOODA-A1.jpg

:bar

sweet!!!!!!:upthumbs:upthumbs:upthumbs

dave

that convert is a sweet color.. don't see that around here at all

Thnx, same color before the new paint. PPG paint corvette orange Poly. I have to say i'm kind of partial to the orange myself. Really goes well with the black interior. Dave :w

ACORVETTE81REDCORVETTE81REDCORVE-2.jpg

VETTE80CLARET009.jpg

CORVETTEORANGE6-14-07JUSTGOTBACK001.jpg

:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie:boogie

those are some good looking interiors. ive had mine in that state a couple of time, at least.

I like what you did, Charlie.:cool

Is the rear deck center piece a separate rug, or did you stitched that onto the rear carpet half?

Great looking combination. :upthumbs

No that's a black mat you can get at most of the pic parts houses - forget which one I found it at but you can check - corvette Central, Corvette American, Eckler's or Mid-America. Think a few carry it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom