Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Pilot Bushing from Mars?

Vette66AirCoupe said:
Thanks John. I might need a phone number for that place.

Terry

Terry - The place actually has two names 1) Al's Online Auto Parts 2) Regional Tire Service -- it is one and the same place. It is located at 904 White Horse Pike Cologne, NJ. There are two phone numbers 609-965-7777 & 609-646-5016. Good Luck

JL66REDCPE said:
Terry - I was also present when we put the 5 speed in Mark's (VNV) car. Paul (Subfixer) is correct Mark learned that his small block was originally attached to a powerglide. As I remember he just went down to the local parts store (NAPA) and got one. Subfixer knows this first hand as he spent a lot of time under the car that day working on it.

Heh Terry..

Getting on late here as I was in the Gee-Rage scraping old glue and padding out of the 65. Getting ready for new carpet install.

John Called me and asked me about your problem. As he and Sub Boy have stated above.. My Baering didn't fit either. So..we went to an auto parts store...No Not the Hip Hop stores like Pep Girls or Auto Zone ...but a real auto parts store like a NAPA.

They had 2 different bronze Baerings ... One was the correct size. I was told ther were only 2 listings. Hope this helps...

Mark

It has occured to me that since I have located the proper bushing that I should post the part number here so that when someone searches the forum looking for information they will have it. So, here it is.

NAPA part # 690-034. Price: $2.77.

I should point out that I had been to two different NAPA stores loooking for this bushing, one they probably had in inventory, without success. After reading here (thanks Mark and John) that NAPA did indeed make the item I went to a third NAPA store and finally found someone who knew how to use the parts catalog.

Vette66AirCoupe said:
It has occured to me that since I have located the proper bushing that I should post the part number here so that when someone searches the forum looking for information they will have it. So, here it is.

NAPA part # 690-034. Price: $2.77.

I should point out that I had been to two different NAPA stores loooking for this bushing, one they probably had in inventory, without success. After reading here (thanks Mark and John) that NAPA did indeed make the item I went to a third NAPA store and finally found someone who knew how to use the parts catalog.
check the bushing with a magnet to make sure it is not magnetic because there were some out there that were not pure bronze and will caused problems

Vette66AirCoupe said:
John,

What time does Mark get up on Sunday's? :D I'm hoping he has the receipt with the part number on it. I visited two different NAPA stores yesterday to no avail.

Steve,

I saw one of those roller jobs yesterday but unfortunately it was also the larger size. I'd love to find that design in the size I need.

Brian,

A friend of mine has the Year One catalog, hard copy, and he couldn't find the conversion bushing listed. However, he did give me the specs for the "wrong" one (the proper one for a real 4 speed car). 1.094 OD and .592 ID, per the Year One catalog.

In my experience, Mark gets up very early on the weekends, about 3PM.:rotfl

Kid_Again said:
In my experience, Mark gets up very early on the weekends, about 3PM.:rotfl

Yeah.. when there isn't and backfiring ..missing motor ..gear grinding sounds coming from my driveway..:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom