Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

PKE issue / RPO prod. numbers

G

GTF

I have a 95 auto convert. Two things really; 1) is there any way to use/set the PKE remote as an "ordinary" keyless entry? In other words, make it: press once to unlock, press once to lock? Most of the time the PKE remote operates fine, but occasionally I have to vigorously shake the thing while standing next to the door to get it to unlock (replaced the battery already), and while the whole idea of the thing is really cool and all that, when it comes down to it I would just as soon use it like any other remote door lock transmitter that's on a billion other cars out there.

2) My 95 auto Vette convertible is dark metallic purple with black interior. How can I find out how many were produced in 95? I can find how many dark purple ones were produced, how many black interiors were produced, how many convertibles were produced, and how many autos were made, but I can't seem to find how many were all four. In other words, how many twins to mine are out there? (Actually, I'ld like to carry it a bit further: add in ride control, performance rear, run-flats, CD, sport seats.). Any suggestions on how to pull all this together would really be appreciated. Thanks.

GTF said:
I have a 95 auto convert. Two things really; 1) is there any way to use/set the PKE remote as an "ordinary" keyless entry? In other words, make it: press once to unlock, press once to lock? Most of the time the PKE remote operates fine, but occasionally I have to vigorously shake the thing while standing next to the door to get it to unlock (replaced the battery already), and while the whole idea of the thing is really cool and all that, when it comes down to it I would just as soon use it like any other remote door lock transmitter that's on a billion other cars out there.

2) My 95 auto Vette convertible is dark metallic purple with black interior. How can I find out how many were produced in 95? I can find how many dark purple ones were produced, how many black interiors were produced, how many convertibles were produced, and how many autos were made, but I can't seem to find how many were all four. In other words, how many twins to mine are out there? (Actually, I'ld like to carry it a bit further: add in ride control, performance rear, run-flats, CD, sport seats.). Any suggestions on how to pull all this together would really be appreciated. Thanks.

In regards to question #2, GM doesn't keep detailed production records on Corvettes built in different color combinations with different options. I'm afraid the best production information that you're going to find is what you already have.

Stand near the car and then press and hold the door button on the FOB. The door locks should cycle within about 10 seconds. At this point the passive keyless entry is turned off. To lock and unlock the door, press the door button as you desire. You should be able to walk away with the FOB and the car will remain unlocked (or locked) as you left it. When you return to the car, it will do nothing.

To re-activate the passive system, repeat the above.

Assuming your door switches are working fine, Your problem about needing to shake the FOB might be because the little ball bearing and its area/contacts are dirty.

The FOB has a 'sleep' mode to save the battery. The movement of the ball-bearing in its area makes contact between little sections within its area, and 'wakes-up' the transmitter.

Trying taking the FOB apart and remove the 3-prong gold bracket ball-bearing cover by GENTLY prying the 3 prongs from the back of the circuit board with your finger-nail. BE VERY CAREFUL and don't loose or drop the little gold ball bearing. Clean both with a little alcohol and reassemble. It should now work fine (as ours did on our 94 after doing the same thing).

Good luck.

Your PKE was not designed to function as a Keyless system as you describe. Your convert has a door button that will, with PKE disabled, only open the pass/door.
PKE enabled , you can program to open the doors that you choose.

I'm doing this from memory, so ??????

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom