Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Planet 67 gets under way...

Bob, you better get to work, while you was out messing with that ditch I bought an enclosed trailer.............. Finally :w

You should have told me, Scott. This one's for sale as soon as the garage is finished. :)

68gdnc.jpg

I didn't know until about 1 pm today, it kinda just happened. I get a phone call, I go look and its all over.

I don't know if I want to try and cross the border with a trailer. I have this friend named Lou that had a slight problem with that. :boogie

Sorry Lou ! :w

You should have told me, Scott. This one's for sale as soon as the garage is finished. :)
Hmmm.... Electric brakes? I wonder if my Hummer has enough grunt to pull that loaded with a certain 73 Vette?

-Mac

Electric brakes? Yes.

Enough grunt? Not unless it's a diesel. :W

Obviously the load is the sum total of car and trailer and your trailer is much heavier than what I've towed... but my 04 Toyota 4Runner with its V8 and heavy duty towing package has plenty of grunt to pull a flat bed with my 1980 on it. Its rated at 7300 pounds. It has performed wonderfully for me when I've called upon it.

I've only needed it to transport the Vette 200 miles once though. That was when I bought it. I already have a garage. That was a huge requirement when I was looking for a house!

Are you thinking about a trailer, Mac?

Are you thinking about a trailer, Mac?
There's a possibility of a physical transfer in my future. The last time I shipped my Vette, the autohauler was involved in a collision and several cars (including mine) were damaged. I would prefer to avoid that but I'm not sure the old girl is dependable for long-distance travel. Long answer to a short question: maybe...

The H3 w. 3.5 lt only has 225 lb/ft of torque. Diesel? I would love it but that option isn't offered in North America. :cry

-Mac

...The H3 w. 3.5 lt only has 225 lb/ft of torque. Diesel? I would love it but that option isn't offered in North America. :cry

-Mac

Mac- my 4Runner has the 4.7L 235 hp V8 with 320 lb-ft of torque. I see what you mean about not having the "grunt". Well, too bad we don't live closer. I'd let you borrow the 4Runner whenever you needed it. With all the stump-pulling torque from the engine tied to the 5spd auto... its a shame that I never really use it to its potential.

Bob- your addition looks like it is taking shape. The pics look great. I can't wait to see what it looks like when the walls go up!

Mac- my 4Runner has the 4.7L 235 hp V8 with 320 lb-ft of torque. I see what you mean about not having the "grunt". Well, too bad we don't live closer. I'd let you borrow the 4Runner whenever you needed it. With all the stump-pulling torque from the engine tied to the 5spd auto... its a shame that I never really use it to its potential.
I appreciate the offer, DarkShark. The move is far from a done deal and, knowing how slowly and awkwardly our promotional system works, it won't be soon (if at all) but I'll keep poking away at it.

Incidentally, I traded an older Dodge 4X4 w. Cummins turbodiesel for the H3. It was only 180 hp but the 420 lb/ft of torque meant pulling a trailer was easy. Anytime I miss my Dodge, I take the Hummer for a ride... :)

-Mac

Your old Dodge was closer to the requirement, Mac. I wouldn't tow this trailer, with a car inside, with anything less than 500 lb./ft. of torque.

The emtpy trailer weighs in at close to 3,000 lbs. Add a 3,400 lb. car and you see the problem............not to mention dragging what is aerodynamically a brick down the highway.

Getting over the Rogers Pass would be a freakin' nightmare. :W :D

I re-established four corner reference points down in the freshly dug trenches, and found that the excavator was off in his dig by a few inches here and there. ;) No big deal.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a great weather day, so I'll run some strings for the footings and begin building the forms. :bang

If you were in Vancouver, you would be up to your knees in a pool. We've had a run of rain for the past week or so. It's supposed to clear up in six months or so.

-Mac

I've been wondering if you had made any headway on your garagemahal, things rarely go as planned; my good buddy Murphy always seems to stick his hand in mine; maybe he'll stay down here with me until you are done. ;LOL

I've been wondering if you had made any headway on your garagemahal, things rarely go as planned;

Craig,

I couldn't get them to budge on the height issue. Although I much taller garage was erected a mile from here recently, he was required to build it attached to the existing house which was a two-story century home. That's how he got away with it. My place is a bungalow. ;shrug

Back in the hole. :w

I bet you keep looking out your patio and imagining what it will look like when it is complete. I know I would.
Which elevation will you see from this view?
91l3ed.jpg

Which elevation will you see from this view?

Tammy,

Along the white sawhorse line is the east elevation (with one overhead door and the windows or French doors). Along the line with the mulch and gravel is the north elevation with the single and double overhead doors.

The photo is looking southwest towards Patrick and Bud. ;)

Tammy,

Along the white sawhorse line is the east elevation (with one overhead door and the windows or French doors). Along the line with the mulch and gravel is the north elevation with the single and double overhead doors.

The photo is looking southwest towards Patrick and Bud. ;)

I think I can almost see Pikes Peak if I squint really hard looking at that pick.
;squint:

;)

Looks like you're off to a great start, 67!

-Patrick

I'm amazed at the variety of soils within the excavation. It varies from pure white sand (like on a beach) to brownish-orange sandy-loam, to dark topsoil.

2hp0ttz.jpg

34zkjrl.jpg

We had visitors today, so I only got the outside of the forms done.....only two or three stakes are actually attached to each 10-foot length at this point, just to establish level. I'll keep at it in the great weather we're having and hope to have a footings inspection by Thursday or Friday.

295zlzc.jpg

It was bright sun and 80 degrees all afternoon.
smiley-beach.gif

.....It was bright sun and 80 degrees all afternoon.
smiley-beach.gif

Hey- maybe global warming will come in handy this year and you'll get ahead of schedule!

Great pics!

I just came in for more drinking water. By 10:00am it was so hot I had to remove my shirt. Who'd a thunk? Down in a hole with just shorts on in late October in the Great White North.
:beer

If this keeps up, I may just keep on building without waiting on Spring. ;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom