Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Please take care of your baby (the Vette) after making it your own

That's a gasoline fire. Number 1 cause of such fires in the engine bay is rubber fuel lines after the pump and/or glass/plastic fuel filter housing. Really dumb.

Also, the person using the fire hose was clearly not a firefighter. His technique was ineffective to say the very least.

Mac

I agree. I remember that one video of a new C6 with a blown tire damage as a result of a burnout. :(

I bought a 1993 and I am in the works of fixing 40 yer of neglect....New bushings, bearing, springs, shocks, hoses, belts, 375 HP 350, exhaust, trans and torque converter. Everything under it will be new.

New interior from the carpet to the head liner, door panels, weather stripping, dash, sound, even replace the dash wire harness as I heard they can be issues and I forget what else.

Then it is off to paint to the tune of $7000......My Corvette would have been safely parked in the lot if I was remotely interested is watching people abuse their stuff.

I have watched a few Harley Burn Outs till you pop them and wonder why.

Not happening with my Vettes or Harley's

Karsten

i won't even take my Vette to the track. I did before, and after the third weekend, I saw a Cobra kit car (one of the most faithful recreations I had seen by then), hit the left wall a little after the 1/8 mile marker, and that convinced me to take Gail home.

A car built for the track and racing is diferently prepared. :)

That's a gasoline fire. Number 1 cause of such fires in the engine bay is rubber fuel lines after the pump and/or glass/plastic fuel filter housing. Really dumb.

Using water on a gasoline fire is really dumb. He's spreading the fire on the ground. That guy's an idiot.

I wonder if it was a real contest and what the prize was....:(

It looked like the driver jumped out quickly leaving the ignition switch in the on position and the electric fuel pump was continuing to pump fuel to feed the fire.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom