Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Poll: Who Did You Buy Your current C3 From?

Where Did you Get Your Current C3 From?

• Took NEW delivery at Chevy Dealer (anybody?)

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Local car dealer

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • Out of town dealer

Votes: 42 10.7%
  • Local classified ad--from individual

Votes: 113 28.8%
  • EBAY

Votes: 57 14.5%
  • From Friend/Relative/Neighbor

Votes: 74 18.9%
  • Spotted it for sale on the side of the road

Votes: 42 10.7%
  • I'm lucky, somebody just gave me mine

Votes: 14 3.6%

• Total voters
Tom Bryant said:
I would before the trail gets too cold. They may be able to fill in more of the past owners.
Tom
I agree, Eddie:
once the previous owners move-on or pass-away, it'll be difficult to get this info.....

I am the 4th owner of my '82 (as I stated earlier this thread, I bought it from my across-the-street neighbor), and I have found both owners #1 and #2:
it came with the original bill-of-sale, and warranty-work preformed for the original owner, so that was fairly easy.....
:duh

Locating owner #2 was sheer-luck:
I took it to my neighborhood hair salon while getting a hair-cut, and the girl chopping my locks said her brother had owned a Corvette "just like that" many years ago.
While she was lowering my ears, we continued talking about her brother's Corvette, and when I mentioned I'd bought it from an under-cover State Trooper, she instantly replied:
" He SOLD it to an under-cover State Trooper!!! "
I gave her my neighbor's name, and she gave me her brother's name:
when my neighbor confirmed she had bought the car from that guy, I had (luckily) located owner #2.
:BOW

I bought my '70 from the same dealer I bought my 1991 GT a few years earlier. The first purchase confirmed the OK for the Vette. It sat on the lot for a few weeks before I tried to convince my wife to buy. :eyerole She still didn't give me the ok but I bought it anyway.

Dealer was selling on consignment and wouldn't devulge the owners name. I found an old owners card in the dash though. I tried mailing this guy to no avail. My letters went on unanswered. Hmmmm, it's been a few years, maybe I'll call & see if he'll give me the name & number.
scratchchin.gif

Dealer was asking $10,000, I got it for $7,000 but it needed more work than I thought....isn't that always the case? ;) It looked nothing like the picture below.

Found mine on ebay, was high bidder but did'nt meet the reserve. The phone # on the ad turned out to be a dealer in Hamilton,Ohio, (Performance Plus Corvettes).Well this turned me off right away,But he convinced me I could not go wrong by driving the 350 miles to come and see it. This car was a 1 owner (local guy) 1980 silver with Claret leather interior with only 11,676 miles. To my surprise my fantastic wife said "If you are going to get a corvette buy this one, it'll be our 25th wedding anniversary gift to each other".What a gal, you gotta understand she took the vette instead of a Carribean cruise. Well we bought the car and as we were getting ready to leave a guy that had looked at it earlier in the day came back with a deposit for it. And that's a fact,with my right hand up.:D ;)

80crabvette said:
Found mine on ebay, was high bidder but did'nt meet the reserve. The phone # on the ad turned out to be a dealer in Hamilton,Ohio, (Performance Plus Corvettes).Well this turned me off right away,But he convinced me I could not go wrong by driving the 350 miles to come and see it. This car was a 1 owner (local guy) 1980 silver with Claret leather interior with only 11,676 miles. To my surprise my fantastic wife said "If you are going to get a corvette buy this one, it'll be our 25th wedding anniversary gift to each other".What a gal, you gotta understand she took the vette instead of a Carribean cruise. Well we bought the car and as we were getting ready to leave a guy that had looked at it earlier in the day came back with a deposit for it. And that's a fact,with my right hand up.:D ;)

Sounds like one heck of a gal. Better keep her. Take the tops out when the weathers nice, do some cruising and she will love it.

Eddie 70 said:
Sounds like one heck of a gal. Better keep her. Take the tops out when the weathers nice, do some cruising and she will love it.
Eddie 70:
I personally know both the Crab-Vettes, and she IS a heck of a gal....
in-fact, he usually cruises with-out the T-tops even IN the Vette, making it difficult to park the car and grab a meal after Corvette Shows.....
:)

Glensgages said:
Eddie 70:
I personally know both the Crab-Vettes, and she IS a hack of a gal....
in-fact, he usually cruises with-out the T-tops even IN the Vette, making it difficult to park the car and grab a meal after Corvette Shows.....
:)
Glen my friend ,I won't tell her you called her a HACK of a gal. But if she sees this YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN DUDE!!!!!!! And by the way Eddie 70, I've been informed by my wife that the car does'nt move without her in it! I can live with that:D :L

80crabvette said:
Glen my friend ,I won't tell her you called her a HACK of a gal. But if she sees this YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN DUDE!!!!!!!
Earlier post has been editted for spelling:
I could only afford chromed-wheels, or a spell-checker for this computer.....
:gap :Silly :hb ;troll :duh :CRASH

I purchased my '81 two tone claret from Howard's Corvettes 15 yrs ago when He was in South Dakota. He's out in Arizona now, anyone see him?
I stopped in one winter day and saw what he had and expressed my wishes. He called a month later and as it happens I was heading thru the next week for work.
Turns out his idea of a "cherry" and mine were from the same bush. It took a month of restless nights and looking at a lot more "dogs" to realize it was a fair price. We met at a hotel at a halfway point at 5:30 am (wife had a meeting at 8:00am) got it off the trailer and high tailed it home missing a blizzard coming at us!!

Later,
JU

Bought my wife's yellow '78 from an ad in the local Auto Trader when we lived in Montreal. I was helping a young couple I knew find a vette that they could enjoy and this one was on the list to check out. They didn't like the colour, so I bought the car for my wife.

Since it was only 3 weeks before Christmas, I hid the car at my work garage. On Christmas Eve, after my wife was asleep, I snuck out of the house with one of my kids and we went to work and brought the car home and put it in our garage. We quickly washed the car and put a lrge red bow on the hood. We threw the wrapped up keys under the xmas tree and went back to bed.

Although it does not measure up to the '69 427 tri-power she used to drive, she loves the car.

Take care,
Brian

My old man bought himself a 95 and gave me his 75. He doesn't have the capacity to dick around under the hood/car anymore, so he got himself something more of a daily driver. He had it willed to me anyway and would rather be around to see me enjoy it. So far so good. I've only had to put about $500.00 into it out of need and $1,000.00 for the hell of it.

Got mine from a guy going through a divorce and he needed to get rid of the car quick to keep his ex from getting it. Can you say 'Fire Sale!'.

Well, I was more or less given mine. My dad and I have alway been 'vette nuts, and would alway hit the shows or showrooms. Both of us alway's dreamed of owning one, but never felt that we could afford it*L*

My dad passed away last June, and left me some money, so I went down to a local dealer and bought me the L82 that my dad and I had looked at several times!

My wife told me later that she was going to buy me one for my 40th birthday anyway, but that I got it a year early.:)

smithjw said:
Got mine from a guy going through a divorce and he needed to get rid of the car quick to keep his ex from getting it. Can you say 'Fire Sale!'.

Got my '71 LT-1 in the same fashion. A guy had an ad in the paper for a '63 split window coupe and a '71 LT-1 convertible, both matching #s cars. He wanted to get rid of them quick due to the impending divorce. My brother was interested in the '63. We made him an offer of $31,500 for both cars, which he took. Of course, this was in 1993.

Rich

JOE BYRNE said:
Bought mine from Northwest Corvette in Canton Ohio. Found it on the web. Nice car but wish I knew who owned it prior. Found out the last owner had it 10 years but that is about it.
Good to see another Ohio neighbor on here, I had a friend looking for me a 77 , he buys cars for a dealership, so when he found it i came running.

Bought mine from Potamkin Chev 4/4/69

Found mine in the local sunday paper. Soon learned it was an original owner (70 year old man), numbers matching, 1971 coupe. It is now mine and has been getting lots of TLC the past few years.

Happened to stop at a local classic car place....spotted my beauty inside and that's all she wrote! All original, matching numbers, spectactular inside and out )the car was bought by and previously owned by the classic car dealership's owner's best friend who passed away. 26,000 original miles! What a find!

Bought my 1971 LT1 back in 1977........yes I was 17.....it was in a neighbors BARN....son went to war, and never got home. Paid $1000 for it. And that was a Lot of money for me back then. It was covered with chicken Sh*t. But the interor was in great shape, Except for the 2 Copper Head snakes I found. The Vette had 17,000 original miles on it when I got it. Now I am working on the 3rd time rebuild.......and hopfully the last rebuild time.....LOL

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom