Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Poll: Who Did You Buy Your current C3 From?

Where Did you Get Your Current C3 From?

• Took NEW delivery at Chevy Dealer (anybody?)

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Local car dealer

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • Out of town dealer

Votes: 42 10.7%
  • Local classified ad--from individual

Votes: 113 28.8%
  • EBAY

Votes: 57 14.5%
  • From Friend/Relative/Neighbor

Votes: 74 18.9%
  • Spotted it for sale on the side of the road

Votes: 42 10.7%
  • I'm lucky, somebody just gave me mine

Votes: 14 3.6%

• Total voters
My 'barn find'

Found my 'barn find' at a buddy's shop. He never got around to fixing it. Has a 1991 tag on it. '75 L48 4-speed, PS, PB, PW. All numbers match except someone has put a newer aluminum L82 intake on it.I have the correct cast iron intake for it. It's not much...but it's mine and it will be saved...........

You mean it's not much "yet."
Congratulations and welcome. You're really going to enjoy your corvette.

-John

I had searched for a few weeks and when my wife gave me the green light to buy the Corvette i wanted, i found it in a garage about 5 blocks away and i bought it from a Police officer from my city.
Its really cool because , all of the officers know the car , and i went to school with a few of them, so i dont get anything but waves from Trenton's finest!
Chas

My wife brought mine home and shocked the heck out of me. She traded a horse that she hated for it. Needs some work but like she says, she don't have to feed it and all the money that goes into it is mine not hers

HI

photovette said:
After the talk of ebay and buying cars site unseen from dealers on the other side of the country, I'm wondering how it breaks down--thus the poll.

Damm your sooooooooooo Beautiful!!!

Rick

I got mine from Corvette Center in Newington CT. Great Guys. One owner

Our 71 bought it from owner
Our 72 bought it from newspaper ad
Our 76 bought it sitting on a lot
Our 79 bought it from owner

My wife has this crazy notion, I should sell one when I buy one...:L

went for a bike ride with friends. One of the guys has a bunch of cars. I noticed 2 vettes. I traded my 76 Harley Superglide for decent 79. It had new paint and new interior. The motor blew up after 30 miles. The guy gave me $1500 for the trouble. My son is really into cars so it was for him and I to play with. I just installed a Jasper 385 HP Stage II engine with a year warrenty. My wife wasn't happy as she loved the bike so I promised to get another soon.

HPIM0469.JPG

Drove 1000 miles with a car hauler on the back from Upstate New York to Bowling Green, Kentucky in search of my dream car.

In many conversations and emailed pictures being sent back and forth I finally decided to take a long road trip and see this car for myself. Bought it from Art's Auto Mart which is right across the street from the corvette museum and next door to the corvette factory. This guy has nothing but muscle cars in his showroon (Mostly classic vettes) When I first saw the car - I thought, yup she going on the hauler. Art gave me a hell of a deal on the car too. Originally was asking $19,500 - we both agreed on $16,500 (He knew I had made a long haul to see her. Got her back home and had an assessment done at $25,000. Needless to say I was happy. About a month ago I was waiting for a flight in Orlando to come back home from the Daytona 500 - and I got a phone call from Art's. They wanted to know how I have enjoyed owning the car and if I ever thought about selling it, if I wouldn't mind giving him first dibs on buying back. I thought that was pretty cool - that the guy I bought it from was wanting it back. Not that I would sell it for what I bought it for !

Anyways, that's my story.

I purchased mine private party from the auto trader. The guy I got it from said he was the second owner, and gave me the name of the "little old lady" he got it from in 99.

I just talked to her on the phone. She said she purchased it new, for her 40th birthday. She was a vette lover since her grandmother gave her a '58 to drive to college. Gotta LOVE Grandma.

That's my story. I'm verified owner # 3.

Scott

Awsom 71 said:
Drove 1000 miles with a car hauler on the back from Upstate New York to Bowling Green, Kentucky in search of my dream car.

In many conversations and emailed pictures being sent back and forth I finally decided to take a long road trip and see this car for myself. Bought it from Art's Auto Mart which is right across the street from the corvette museum and next door to the corvette factory. This guy has nothing but muscle cars in his showroon (Mostly classic vettes) When I first saw the car - I thought, yup she going on the hauler. Art gave me a hell of a deal on the car too. Originally was asking $19,500 - we both agreed on $16,500 (He knew I had made a long haul to see her. Got her back home and had an assessment done at $25,000. Needless to say I was happy. About a month ago I was waiting for a flight in Orlando to come back home from the Daytona 500 - and I got a phone call from Art's. They wanted to know how I have enjoyed owning the car and if I ever thought about selling it, if I wouldn't mind giving him first dibs on buying back. I thought that was pretty cool - that the guy I bought it from was wanting it back. Not that I would sell it for what I bought it for !

Anyways, that's my story.

AWESOME!!! Nice '71:) I might add!
Oh, and WELCOME!

Some guy traded it in to an "urban" Chrysler-Plymouth dealer (You remember those, don't you?) back when the PT Cruisers first came out.The Plymouth dealer shuffled it to the same franchise Buick dealer down the street. They were stuck with it and then the snow started to fly. It had some issues, but the price was right.

My wife brought mine home and shocked the heck out of me. She traded a horse that she hated for it. Needs some work but like she says, she don't have to feed it and all the money that goes into it is mine not hers

Mine kept her horse.....:)

Otherwise, similar situation. She surprised me with my 50th birthday present 2 years early.

She also says that if I get it into shape before October '08 she will pick up the paint job.........how can you pass up a deal like that?

What a woman!! :D

The 71... bought it about a mile from the house here in Illinois. Guy pulled it out of his garage to wash it, I pulled in his driveway to pay him a compliment , the rest is C3 history

I wasn't even looking for a car. I had put my pick up for sale and I was checking to see if the add in a local paper was ok. After I checked I started to browse thru the adds. The word "Corvette" caught my attention and went to see what it was. The add stated "Corvette 72 big block,4 spds. frame is bad but I have another one" that's about it. This thing bugged me for a couples of days and one morning I caved in and called. Well well what a surprise, the guy lived about 2 mile or so from me. Turned out it was a project that a guy started and was letting go. The car had been sitting since the 80's and the frame was shot from rust all right but it was complete all matching numbrers. Told the wife "I'll take a walk and just check it up!"
Came back with the 72 and the new complete frame on a trailer.
Now I'm in the process of rebuilding te 72 and I'm having a ball.

Gibbygas '72 Targa Blue BB Roadster

I got mine in 1974 at a Ford Dealership in Tulsa, Ok. My Grandfather helped me buy when I was in the 11th grade as a graduation present. I have kept it in showroom condition and she has never failed me. She has 92,000 miles on her and has never had the engine touched. I woudn't hesitate to go cross country. It was optioned strange as it has deluxe interior, no PS or PB with a 4-speed and A/C. I also have the vinyl hardtop.

Well I just got another one, went to Mt. Vernon to look at a 69 Camaro and found a 72 Corvette instead. The dealer didn't want to deal with me for the overpriced Camaro so I decided to buy the Vette instead. Better deal and a much nicer car.

After looking for a couple of months, my final decision was between two cars: Red 1969 Roadster 350, and a 1970 coupe 454, automatic in my favorite color (Bridgehampton Blue).

The 69 was for sale from a private owner who needed quick cash. The 70 coupe was from a dealer - it needed good bit of work, and was a bit more pricey.

It was a tough decision, but obviously I chose the 69... while it was in better overall condition (and the drop-top was too cool), the actual deal-breaker was that the 70 had an automatic, and I reaaally wanted a manual. I know I would have been dissatisfied later.

Despite the heartaches I've experienced with the myriad of trials and errors associated with the restoration, I've never regretted my decision in getting the 69 (well, not yet anyway!!).

:blue:

i got mine out of a newspaper add off a guy who just had it shipped over from america to australia,his uncle sends cars over in a contianer so he can sell to us aussies..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom