Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Por 15

Stuff works good , you can hammer it and bend it i doesn't flake off! But you have to either buy their top coat or put a few layers of paint on it to protect it from sunlight.

The UV protection is only recommended if the area will be exposed to sunlight on a regular basis. It will not lose it's effectiveness, but will turn into a brown color. Believe the advice about wearing gloves and wear a long sleeve t-shirt, too. The stuff took days for it to wear off my skin. Throw away the cheap bristle brush, as the bristles fall off and end up in your work. Instead buy sponge brushes that are just as easily disposable and provide a smoother looking finish.

--Bullitt

I'm w/ bullit! That stuff is a nightmare to get off skin. I'm stained even after 2 weeks :(

marck.jpg

The black stuff on my arm is POR15! as you can see I learned it the hard way ;) :D

The result was beautiful though!
dre1.jpg

dre2.jpg

Marck

Well at least your arm won't rust. The frame looks nice too. :L

Tom

The bad part is.. it's not my car. It's my buddies... :( ;)

Marck

I just finished painting the frame with POR15. I learned a couple of things in addition to what everyone else said that might also be helpful:

Order enough of the Marine Clean and Metal Prep and follow the instructions to the letter. I hurried on a couple of places and the coating didn't paint well. Has a tendency to fisheye or spread.

Definately wear protection, and use a drop cloth. The coating looks thick but will drip big time. Especially if you use a brush, which I think is as effective as spraying.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom