Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Portable Garage by Shelter Logic

air1jpg

Corvette
1996 Polo Green LT1 Coupe
I am considering purchassing a Portable Garage by Shelter Logic (ShelterLogic - Home) and I wanted to ask for opinions. Are these garages suitable for storing a vette with a battery tender for the winter? The cost just a little more than a good vette cover and thought it would be an excellent alternative since I do not have a garage.

I have one that is 20 X 22(?)with a concrete floor.I would recommend getting the heavier cover for it.my 1st only lasted 2 years,and I replaced it with a heavier one.apparently these covers cant take the sun beating down on them and it deteriorates quickly.They have recommended putting another tarp over the exposed side to prevent this.as I live in upstate NY it is subject to all of the 4 seasons.I do try to keep the snow off with a broom every time it snows,and I also leave one side open as the moisture that can build up in one of these things is tremendous.

If you have any more questions just ask!!!!

When you replaced your cover, did you get it directly from shelter-logic or from a local dealer? I will not be able to put a concrete floor in, do you think putting a tarp or a sheet or two of ply wood on the ground inside would suffice?

Seems like UV just kills those things.

yes I went back to shelter logic.I had originally bought from the previous owner..I can't remember there name,but anyway,I think plywood would suffice....

good luck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom