Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Problem with the Active Handling and ABS

FLIR_man

Corvette
2000 coupe Metallic Blue
Problem with the Active Handling and ABS. Both the Active Handling and ABS lights come on when I hit 75 and are off when I first start up the car. The DIC also has service ABS and Active Handling. The following codes are present:
C1243H
P1571H
C1234H
C1277H
U1096H
U1016H
P1232H
U1040H
This looks like the ABS module is failing? :( :(

Thanks,
Gary :cool :w

The only module I remember coming up was a line that said 1 Code for PCM, the others may have been a TCS but I'm not sure. I'll have to check tonight.
Thanks,
Gary

The codes are as follows:

PCM P1571H
TCS P1232H
TCS C1234H
TCS C1243H
TCS C1277H
RFA U1016H
RFA U1040H
RFA U1096H
IPC U1160H

Thanks,
Gary:cool

active handeling error

My 03 was giving me a service active handling message about 5 minutes after starting. Took in for service and the Tech found where the alternator had pinched the wire that goes to a sensor on ABS module on front of block. That fixed the problem. Might lok there.

Hi there,
I am a little confused, your P1232 would normally be in the PCM. If that is the case, then there should be a clearing of all codes, and then road test to confirm what codes sets.
The P1571 is normal, and will always be in the PCM, unless it is a C for current.
Please keep us posted, c4c5:hb

Ok I disconnected the battery and drove until I got to 70.
the new codes are:

TCS C1232H
TCS C1234H
TCS C1243H
TCS C1277H

RFA U1016H
RFA U1064A
RFA U1096H

SDM U1040H

Thanks
Gary :cool

Hi there,
Your 1232 and 1234 are showing that your left front and left rear wheel speed sensors are not reading correctly.
The 1243 shows that your pump for your ABS system has stalled.
The 1277 concerns me more, as this is for your requested torque circuit.
Unfortunately, I think that you may be correct with your theory on the ABS controller. If all these codes reset, then there can be something wrong.
Was the car in a front end collision????? Was there any problems with the front end of the vehicle??????
Please keep us posted, c4c5:hb

No front end damage that I know of. I bought the car a year ago and have put 20K miles on it since. The problem just showed up. I did clean the connector to the ABS module with a connector contact cleaner after the problem started but had no success.
Thanks,
Gary :cool :w

Yo FLIR man have you found out what the problem is yet? I am having the same problem on my 2000 coupe. I only have 32,000 miles and for the past 2 weeks my DIC has been telling me to service ABS and service Traction Control System. When this happens I have no ABS or Traction Control. The error code is C1243--Brake Motor Pump Valve. I could only imagine the cost for replacing. Needless to say my warrany just expired. I would appreciate any info that you have found out about this problem.

rylanardoin I purchased a new module from ebay and started to change it out when I noticed a part number difference. It was listed as good for a 2000 and I think I may have been taken. This is the down side of ebay and doing your own work. I will keep you posted.

Gary:cool :w

When you guys figure this out let me know too. My 2000 Vert has started to do the same thing 30 secs after start. So far I can't find the problem. Mine has 54,000 miles on it though.

My 2000 only has 37,000 miles. I'm still trying to find a new ABS/TCS module that is not $436.00. That's the part price the dealer quoted me. So far the car runs great with the problem and I just have to go slow around curves.

:cool :w

ABS/Active Handling messages

My 2000 has approx. 80,000 and I started to get the "service ABS", "service active handling", and "service traction system" lights about two months ago. I took it to my dealer who told me it was a wiring issue. Supposedly got fixed and I picked up the car. Next morning, same messages. Brought it back to dealer and was told it was a ground wire problem. Again, supposedly fixed and I picked up the car. Lights came on again next morning. Took back to dealer again and he told me that it needed a new module and that it would cost me $2900.00 for the part alone. I'd gladly pay the $436.00. Dealer told me that it wouldn't impact any other systems, so right now I'm just driving it as is.

My 2000 only has 37,000 miles. I'm still trying to find a new ABS/TCS module that is not $436.00. That's the part price the dealer quoted me. So far the car runs great with the problem and I just have to go slow around curves.

:cool :w

My 2000 has approx. 80,000 and I started to get the "service ABS", "service active handling", and "service traction system" lights about two months ago. I took it to my dealer who told me it was a wiring issue. Supposedly got fixed and I picked up the car. Next morning, same messages. Brought it back to dealer and was told it was a ground wire problem. Again, supposedly fixed and I picked up the car. Lights came on again next morning. Took back to dealer again and he told me that it needed a new module and that it would cost me $2900.00 for the part alone. I'd gladly pay the $436.00. Dealer told me that it wouldn't impact any other systems, so right now I'm just driving it as is.

I have the exact issue. I have 50k on my car and I still have the warranty so I went through the same steps and they finally replaced my EBCM module and said there was a internal short and this will fix the issue. Well I drove it that day no issue started up next day lights came on again so I restarted it and went away. It did this a couple of times so I called and there going to bring it back in to look at it. Im not letting this slide by with my warranty still good, so ill keep you posted what they come up with.

Bob.

Unfortunately, my warranty has expired so right now I'm just driving it with the lights coming on intermittently. I think I may try another Chevy dealer and see what they come up with. Please keep me posted as to what happens with your car.

Lea

I have the exact issue. I have 50k on my car and I still have the warranty so I went through the same steps and they finally replaced my EBCM module and said there was a internal short and this will fix the issue. Well I drove it that day no issue started up next day lights came on again so I restarted it and went away. It did this a couple of times so I called and there going to bring it back in to look at it. Im not letting this slide by with my warranty still good, so ill keep you posted what they come up with.

Bob.

In the end I had to replace the module and the motor pump. I did the module first and the pump second. I now have 93K miles on the car and everything works great. I got both parts off ebay and made sure that the part numbers matched the original unit. I had not thought about it when I first posted my questions but the problem occurred right after a lightning bolt hit the sign over the car during a thunder storm
Thanks,
Gary

Hi Guys,
Im dealing with the same issue you have and I have a warranty. This is what Im going through right now. 1st they said it was a bad ground on the EBCM modure and they fixed it but then the issue came back so I returned it. The 2nd shot at it was the Module was bad so they replaced it and the issue came back the next day. The 3rd time the said the pumps ground had high resistance so they fixed it and guess what the issue is still there. Now the dealer called me and said they need to order the pump and replace it so we will see. :crazy Ill keep you posted but I think its been the pump the whole time.

Hi Guys,
Same problem here on my '01 coupe - active handling. The car has 44k miles (no warranty) and I am hoping it is an easy fix. I'm no electrician so this is going to be difficult if wires are involved. The DIC will flicker while driving, the "active handling - on" will light up and go back to the gages momentarily. This will happen 3-4 times before the "service active handling" message appears.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom