Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Problem with the Active Handling and ABS

You need to look at the codes. There are many things that cause the active handling warning to come on. Press and hold the options button while pressing the fuel button four times and the codes will be displayed.

My Issue has finally been resolved. After them tying to replace things it was the ABS pump module that was the issue. This part goes for 1900.00. Thank god for a warranty.
:beer

Here are the codes:

28-TCS - Traction Control System - 2 Codes
C1287 Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction
U1000H

What do they mean and how can they be fixed?

I have other codes but they don't relate to Active Handling / Traction Control.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Daga
My guess would be a ground connection for the steering rate sensor return. There are many post on ground locations and how to clean. I would try that before I bought a new rate sensor.

Thanks FLIR, I will try the ground connection first.

Any issues with driving with the Traction Control System turned off?

My 2000 has approx. 80,000 and I started to get the "service ABS", "service active handling", and "service traction system" lights about two months ago. I took it to my dealer who told me it was a wiring issue. Supposedly got fixed and I picked up the car. Next morning, same messages. Brought it back to dealer and was told it was a ground wire problem. Again, supposedly fixed and I picked up the car. Lights came on again next morning. Took back to dealer again and he told me that it needed a new module and that it would cost me $2900.00 for the part alone. I'd gladly pay the $436.00. Dealer told me that it wouldn't impact any other systems, so right now I'm just driving it as is.

Same issue with my Y2K Vert. I do not have Active Handling, so my issue is just the stall pump motor. For now, I am ignoring it since I grew up driving cars w/o ABS. LT

Here’s today’s report.

Before cleaning anything, I disconnected the battery. The terminals were almost too easy to disconnect. Continuing on, the connectors on the ‘01 are the same as the ones shown on the above link (the link shows pics from a ’98). After removing the nut and disassembly, the connectors got a good dose of WD-40 and were reassembled & replaced. The battery terminals also got WD-40’ed before being reconnected.

The DIC message didn’t appear on the short drive tonight and I’m hoping that tomorrow’s cruise will have the same results.

Gary,

No, cleaning the grounds did not solve the problem. The stealership replaced the $45 stearing sensor for a total bill of $475. That was two tanks of gas / 6 days ago and so far, so good.

Sorry about not posting again to this thread, there was another one and I posted the results:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=857719#post857719

To be brutally honest, I wouldn't have been able to replace the sensor. The whole stearing coulmn was yanked, along with more stuff under the dash and hood which took the dealer tech about 4 hours to complete. I would have taken at least twice that time and had "extra parts" when finished. Sometimes it's ok to have a qualified individual work on your 'vette.

Dan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom