Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Production number for the combination l75 (Red) with 152 (silver leather Interior)

mljones13

Corvette
1981 Red Coupe
I was wondering if anyone can either tell me the number, or tell me where to find, how many l75 Red exterior with 152 silver leather interior Vetts were built in 1981. I have been to many Cruise-Ins and car shows, and the comment that I hear all the time is that they have never seen this combination. I would just like to know if it really is a rare combo. I do know that only about 4300 of the red were produced in St. Louis and none in Bowling Green.

Thank you for your help,
Mike Jones

GM didn't keep records for combinations of options. Red exterior with silver interior shows as one of three recommended combinations, and red was the third most popular colour that year.

Thanks!!!

GM didn't keep records for combinations of options. Red exterior with silver interior shows as one of three recommended combinations, and red was the third most popular colour that year.

Thank you! I was just wondering.

...I would just like to know if it really is a rare combo....

Silver cloth would be less often seen. Just the same, I'd bet silver on red looks good.

...I do know that only about 4300 of the red were produced in St. Louis and none in Bowling Green...

Where do you get your information that no red cars were produced at Bowling Green? I've not seen that before. Last I heard, they were still trying to unravel which colors/combinations were produced where.

:thumb

Red/Silver Leather

Silver cloth would be less often seen. Just the same, I'd bet silver on red looks good.

Where do you get your information that no red cars were produced at Bowling Green? I've not seen that before. Last I heard, they were still trying to unravel which colors/combinations were produced where.

I saw that info on a web site that has '81 Corvette statistics. They only list St. Louis when they give the info about the production numbers for red cars (10.6%). Probably not true, but ya know "It was on the internet, and they can't put anything on the internet that ins't true." Ha, ha!!! And, yes it looks great! I bought it this past March off of EBay. It was a show car all it's life, now it is a daily driver. Had only 19, 902 miles on it in March, now has about 30,000.

I saw that info on a web site that has '81 Corvette statistics. They only list St. Louis when they give the info about the production numbers for red cars (10.6%). Probably not true, but ya know "It was on the internet, and they can't put anything on the internet that ins't true." Ha, ha!!! And, yes it looks great! I bought it this past March off of EBay. It was a show car all it's life, now it is a daily driver. Had only 19, 902 miles on it in March, now has about 30,000.
The L81VetteRegestry under the drop down menu "Tech Center" we list the "Color Options". The numbers do not identify St. Louis or Bowling Green production, but a quick check of your Trim Tag along with the VIN will identify which Corvette Plant your 1981 was built at.

FYI
Code Number 75 is St. Louis RED
&
Code Number 80 is Bowling Green RED (Autumn Red ;) )

We get a lot of confusion from folks registering their 81 BECAUSE they don't check their TRIM TAG..

You would be amazed at the number of folks that registered as a Code 24 St. Louis BRIGHT BLUE of which only one was mfr'ed... Because of different hands in the pie so to speak, our data base show 5 code 24's :eyerole... (none of which have been validated)..

You would be amazed at the response I Personally have received when contacting folks to check their TRIM TAG or changed their color code to correct it to the VIN and mfr plant...

Sorry for the soap box drama, just venting a bit...

I need to post in the L81Forums here about some other things folks don't know about the administration of the Registry ...

Bud
(aka Rare81)

St. Louis

Mine is a 75. I have the build sheet (original) and have "de-coded" it as best I can. Yep, definately St. Louis.

The L81VetteRegestry under the drop down menu "Tech Center" we list the "Color Options". The numbers do not identify St. Louis or Bowling Green production, but a quick check of your Trim Tag along with the VIN will identify which Corvette Plant your 1981 was built at.

FYI
Code Number 75 is St. Louis RED
&
Code Number 80 is Bowling Green RED (Autumn Red ;) )

We get a lot of confusion from folks registering their 81 BECAUSE they don't check their TRIM TAG..

You would be amazed at the number of folks that registered as a Code 24 St. Louis BRIGHT BLUE of which only one was mfr'ed... Because of different hands in the pie so to speak, our data base show 5 code 24's :eyerole... (none of which have been validated)..

You would be amazed at the response I Personally have received when contacting folks to check their TRIM TAG or changed their color code to correct it to the VIN and mfr plant...

Sorry for the soap box drama, just venting a bit...

I need to post in the L81Forums here about some other things folks don't know about the administration of the Registry ...

Bud
(aka Rare81)

...I saw that info on a web site that has '81 Corvette statistics. They only list St. Louis when they give the info about the production numbers for red cars (10.6%)...

I agree with Yoda. The Corvette Black Book lists both reds; one for St. Louis and one for Bowling Green. I'm sure the codes are different because of the type of paint used. Lacquer for St. Louis; enamel for Bowling Green.

Interesting discussion. I've always been impressed by the data gathered and shared by Yoda and other '81 owners and aficionados, particularly since the models were built at two sites. These guys won't steer you wrong and they're an excellent resource. :thumb

I'd love to see pix of your red and silver combo - I bet it's stunning! Please, share some if you can.

And btw - :welcome

:wJane Ann

...I have the build sheet (original) and have "de-coded" it as best I can...

Look it over closely and you'll see all kinds of things on it. All those codes in the various boxes told assembly line workers exactly what parts to select to build your car.

Red/Silver Leather

81 Vette 6.jpg81 Vette 1.jpg81 Vette 12.jpg81 Vette 10.jpgHere are some pics of my '81C3.

Interesting discussion. I've always been impressed by the data gathered and shared by Yoda and other '81 owners and aficionados, particularly since the models were built at two sites. These guys won't steer you wrong and they're an excellent resource. :thumb

I'd love to see pix of your red and silver combo - I bet it's stunning! Please, share some if you can.

And btw - :welcome

:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom